Proposals for Online Poker Regulations.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a question I'm curious about, what will happen to Pokerstars and the U.S? I mean If the U.S government allows online poker again what about the sites like Pokerstars and it's U.S client base what exactly is happening on that end...

There is no U.S. client base, we all withdrew our funds and are not allowed to play there unless we moved to a different country. That will not change based on any current legislation unless pokerstars is sold to totally different owners.

billyjustin

billyjustin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there should be no data mining. I do not use huds, nor will I. I play my game from what I see, and I think everyone else should to. Pay attention, it isn't that hard to pick up on someone's game. 4 color decks should just be optional, you don't get them in real play, if you can't figure out a spade from a club, than go play scrabble

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
eliminating HUD's would be disatrous for the sites, no more 24 tabling regs= lower rake generated

Everyone has the right to one, don't see why ban them IMO. Don't like one, don't play w/one pretty simple

TrueOC

TrueOC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They site should offer debit cards/Prepaid cards. When you register you can order the card and you can load cash on it to deposit at your local store and when you want to withdrawl you can withdrawl the funds directly onto the card. Then you can instantly have the funds available after like a 3-4 hours processing. Then just go on with your life with the fudns on the card and be able to use the card like any other debit card..(ATM/Online Purchasing/Food/Gas etc....
That would be awesome, No more waiting weeks for a check, or a couple days for bank wire or whatever. Do you think its possible? and of course only possible when online poker is legal in the US, I dont see why this wouldnt be a possiblity? The sites would make money off any fees by using the card also

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They site should offer debit cards/Prepaid cards. When you register you can order the card and you can load cash on it to deposit at your local store and when you want to withdrawl you can withdrawl the funds directly onto the card. Then you can instantly have the funds available after like a 3-4 hours processing. Then just go on with your life with the fudns on the card and be able to use the card like any other debit card..(ATM/Online Purchasing/Food/Gas etc....
That would be awesome, No more waiting weeks for a check, or a couple days for bank wire or whatever. Do you think its possible? and of course only possible when Online Poker is legal in the US, I dont see why this wouldnt be a possiblity? The sites would make money off any fees by using the card also

not neccesary, just make debit cards available to use and problem solved

P

pokerfreak56

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being from U K i am not too familiar with your banking and tax sysatems,but here we use debit cards where cash is taken straight fronm bank account and conversrely it is also easy for companies to pay cash back into account,Full tilt did it 5 to 10 minutse max whenever i withdrew.as for taxation gambling companies are taxed on profits consumer pays no tax on winnings.or deposits

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasn't sure where to put this. Nevada issues amendments to it's internet poker regulations.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-new...new-amendments-for-internet-poker-regulations

Specifics are now laid out in the rules to ensure that an operator has the funds to cover player deposits in the form of a “reserve.” Twenty-five percent of the total amount must be held in cash.

The agreement between a site and a “federally-insured financial institution” that holds or issues the reserve must also “reasonably protect” the money against other debts the operator may have — in addition to guaranteeing the money for player requests.

Reasonably protect? 25% in cash? What can the rest be in?

... consumer protection expert Kurt Eggert testified to the difficulty of preventing all cases of bot use.

A new proposal in Nevada states that operators must “reasonably” ensure that the game is between humans only. The previous proposal did not have the word “reasonably.”

A lot of waffling imo. Players funds should be held separate, in cash, 100% and should BE protected from other debts! Period.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree, that 25% seems thin. It is that exact thinking that allowed the guys at FT to advance themselves so much figuring they had about 25% liquidity which should cover normal cashflow issues.

In poker it will have to be different. If they have anything less than 100% liquidity, then they are borrowing our money and we deserve interest. They will make more than enuf via fees and rake to cover normal operations AND build a healthy profit.