Proper Behaviour

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Marlon.
I could tell you, it's on your personality. If you like to be annoying, it's fine. Use your personality to improve your game, If you know yourself is a thousand times better than know your opponents

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be be yourself and have confidence.

I

Ioscu Ion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One must be oneself always.
Self-confident man does not get something to scream.

Nicholas Benedettini

Nicholas Benedettini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, personally i believe there is no actual proper behavior because annoyance can throw people off of their game and it is the players job to ignore this and continue to play strong. There are all types of personalities on the tables. I believe it is your job to Stay focused, if necessary wear some headphones with music, and Focus on your game.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, that need "do not interact much with other players" and thus do not provide additional information to opponents. But at the same time follow the rules of poker etiquette, be polite and remain yourself.

M

Maydayncs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really talk online. Offline, I've only played a few times, but I like to be nice, with a little bit of "friendly" ribbing. Psycholpgically, it seems people will play more loose passive with a person they like, but if you even just joke a little with someone who lost a big hand or is upset, they'll want to gun for you to prove a point, which is easy to exploit as well

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be yourself and have some fun, remember its a game. If you want to talk, then talk. If you want to be quit then be quiet, but never be rude.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with some rules of behaviour,but not alll players support that codex,,

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of behaviour should I use on a poker table?
* Be everyone's best friend, play cheerful and make jokes...
* Annoy others and take advantage of their anger and thereby make money
* Do not interact much with other players...
I think annoying people is the wrong way to go. Play your game and be yourself. Understand that most things that happen at a live table are not personal. Everyone wants to win.

I don't think you have to speak to much, but listening really helps. Who is having a crap day, is under pressure, has been on a losing streak etc etc. That is important stuff.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that each option has a plus in the game of poker)

ritmos

ritmos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of behaviour should I use on a poker table?
* Be everyone's best friend, play cheerful and make jokes...
* Annoy others and take advantage of their anger and thereby make money
* Do not interact much with other players...
===========================
Keep my answers and choose which one you liked more, and it would be true for you:
1. Hey, buddy. You started a cool topic about nothing. I can't believe that you, such a cool guy, do not know the answer to this nonsense. ;)
====================
2. You're a jerk! Stick your stupid questions in your ass.
===========
3. no comments

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No my friend you take a good decitions i could than the time no import

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
careful who you engage with, alot of people arent necessarily making small talk but trying to get information and gaining a read off you. i try to be courteous but not to telling.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I think, that need "do not interact much with other players" and thus do not provide additional information to opponents. But at the same time follow the rules of poker etiquette, be polite and remain yourself.

Agree

To "be everyone's best friend, play cheerful and make jokes...", if overdone, can also be "annoying to others". And to annoy others will not necessarily make you any money.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible to combine these three qualities, such an unpredictable explosive mixture

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to chit chat in close hands about why I folded or why I called whether or not I won it, sometimes they chat back and good conversation ensues.

I don't care about anyone's personal life, I'm there to take their money not fall in love.

When I meet a rude motherf***er do you know what I do? I don't mute them, I laugh at their anger. I love the one where they insult you for beating them, it's a classic.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a player says a lot, for me he's an easy target.If he insults others, he is angry or trying to annoy other players.Such a player often loses control and becomes an easy target.I play poker not for the sake of communication,but for the sake of winning.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I don't use chat, but, sometimes when a player just sits and waits the time out and then folds, I will chat a zzzzzzzzz or something. This behavior is annoying to me.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
The main thing is to be very respectful with your opponents ... so that they respect you too .... in my case I am very quiet and I try to concentrate a lot on my game ... I do not mind people who talk a lot always and When they do not offend anyone ... and I do not have problems with people who make jokes ... everything is part of the game ... I just ask for a lot of respect

E

ElaTrela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well ... i am trying to be as polite as i can. :D Mostly on tables i dont watch anyone writing ... but sometimes some people are totally unpolite and i cant resist ... I just return back the favor :D

K

KidA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think being an asshole is underdeveloped in the meta. If you're better at dealing with people's frustration than you can definitely take advantage of them. It's hard to get hated without going too over the line, but it takes practice.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoy when they find you IRL and mess you up then. Angry not just that you took their money but of the way you went about doing it. :)

In the old days disrespectful winners were shot dead there and then in the poker room, it is after all "texas" holdem. Show respect or be treated like the dirt you treat others as.

GROGUS

GROGUS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your opponents. Offended you in the last game and this aponenta is with you now in the game. Kill him with kindness and intelligent game. He will be remembered. And others a lesson.

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be you. Try to ignore the tilted person. If it gets horrible report it, or ask them to politely stop. My favorite is "Dude, it's a freeroll your life isn't over because of one bad beat"