progression of tendencies

R

rfdouggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that I study the game of poker. The rank and suits of cards never change. The change is how I approach, and play hands. The starting hands I elect to continue with. The hands I laydown.
The one aspect that needs changing constantly is MY own tendency to play certain hands and betting tendencies. These are the MENTAL aspects. It's not so much how I actually play my hand, as It is how I view the hands strength in relation to the board.
How many times have all of us known in our gut, that we had the most costly of losing hands, the SECOND BEST hand. How many times do we elect to play A high card, with A weak kicker, and get sucked into playing off A large percentage of our stacks. only to be out kicked.
These are the BAD BEATS that I have had to suffer through , the beats where I beat myself by choosing to continue, instead of laying down The hand. The beats where, sure he/she/it could be bluffing, or had bested me in A prior hand so I'm gonna get you back, but instead get myself!!
The progression of learning and using what I have learned about myself, and MY TENDENCY to react in certain positions, has been the reason I have steadily learned not to fall for the traps I set myself up for, by playing the hand in the first place.
For those of you who have watched the 06, final table , heads up between hachem and danneman, when dannemen reads his list there was a pearl of wisdom there, and that was It's ok to laydown A hand if you believe your beat.