Which professional player influenced you to start playing

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have learnt to play in young age with my uncle and i havent been influenced by any professional player

alexgrin

alexgrin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to play a friend, at first it was friendly poker. I fell in love with poker when I started playing cash poker

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
10 years ago when watched poker at ESPN, i remember seeing Chris Moneymaker and Sam Farha. They had a very strong image. Chris, for being the first online poker player to win a world championship, in addition to promoting poker worldwide and Sam that used a cigarette erased in the mouth during the game and did not smoke.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing without influence by any professional player. I just liked the game. At later stage one of the first names that i learned was Daniel Negreanu. Doyle Brunson as a living legend also impressed me. There are many good players nowadays and watching them can really be very pleasant and useful experience.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I first became interested in poker after Chris Moneymaker's wsop Main event win in 2003 like many others. I played a little bit of holdem for fun with friends after that but just play chips.

I eventually started playing online poker in 2008 back when the big sites like pokerstars and Full tilt were still available to US players. I really miss those days....

MaxMarauder

MaxMarauder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No player inspired me to start. I had a heart attack several years back. I was driving my wife nuts because I could not work per Dr's orders. We were laying in bed one nite watching WSOP. My wife looked over at me and said, "Learn to play poker for money." I watched for a few weeks and you know what ? She was right. I could and did.