Preparation for playing professionally.

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I think you need to adjust your goal. Being a good player and earning $300 a week is not the same as winning a major tournament for a million.
I strongly disagree
I was doing $1000+ a week doing something I like
I don't know where the initial poster is living, but $300 a week may be a lot of money.
If you compare with sport, we all know athletes doing millions of dollars a year. But you know what, 95% of the professional sports players are doing "an average" salary. A friend of mine was playing football (the real football, americain football) in Europe doing maybe $50 000 per year and like I said its the vast majority of sport players and poker is even better, because you can play as good (or better) when you gain experience. In sport, at some age your body will not follow

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For your ambition to play pro you must have the time and financial resources necessary for such a thing.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
$500 a week is not an easy task, but it is quite solvable. The main thing is not to give up in difficult moments and continue to train. Good luck!

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , very nice comments , advice and insight , I have a small thought, it is while building your BR , don't forget you have to withdraw from it for daily, weekly and monthly expenses , this hurts a BR a lot, I know because I have to do this now and then, so keep it in mind....
like most players I am trying to get there too , have spent more time on mtt, so have to get into cash games more , gl and see you at the tables :)

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a very impulsive guy! I couldn't do that.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is quite possible. At least it's up to you. A goal is achievable if you are willing to work hard to achieve it. Whatever it was - Good luck.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you want to be a poker professional, be one. It is important to set a realistic goal and go to it step by step. And it is very important to have time to stop in time when a failure streak comes.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
good luck on your new beginning
hope for you the best

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must focus, if you think you can achieve it, try it. I'm just telling you that you'll need good financial support, good psychology to be able to slair out of bad times unscathed, and a lot of discipline when it comes to banking. With that I think you could start to forge a path. that's how i see it

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing cash games here and there when i can and have started to save up for an attempt to start playing professionally. I am going to start out trying to make at least $300-$500 a week. My goal is to start playing full time and be able to support myself on playing poker alone...
$300-$500 a week, doable. I suggest building a minimum of a $5,000 to $10,000 stake before going professional and build it from there. Be careful of the games you enter. In other words, don't get in over your head. Learn to recognize the mark at the table. As the old saying goes, if you don't recognize the mark, you're it.