Premier League Poker

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I thought some people here may be interested in this years Premier League Poker show.

It's hosted by partypoker, and therefore as with most of their shows the production quality is not all that high. However I still think it is a worthwile watch. I found it very interesting and entertaining. Basically the format to the show is that there are 12 players who play a series of preliminary poker matches (where they each receive points), then they play the play offs (kinda) and then a final poker match to determine the overall winner.

This years contestants are -

J C Tran
Phil Hellmuth
Andy Black
Peter Eastgate
Tom Dwan
Annette Obrestad
David Ulliot
Vicky Coren
Tony G
Nenad Medic
Roland De Wolfe
Juha Helppi

I guess the best thing about the show is that each episode one of the contestants that is not playing that week sits in the comentary box and gives you an idea as to how they would play/think through the hand.

You can find some of the videos on youtube and the rest on www.cardplayertube.com. They are up to about episode 8. Not sure how many there will be.

RedskinRunner325

RedskinRunner325

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the video, the commentary is interesting and an overall good video. I'll probably watch the series throughout a few months, great find.

I

iriechief

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never seen this poker show. Could be interesting with an even mix of young internet guns and old predictable pros (phil H). I will give it a watch.

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The commentary of ep 3 (the one with Dwan I think) is really interesting. Tom chastises Tony G for making a -EV play even though us viewers can see he's beat. It's certainly a refreshing change of pace.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I enjoyed listening to Dwan's commentry also. You can really notice the difference in thought patterns between the old school poker pros and the internet pros ie: Hellmuth and Devilfish vs Dwan and Annette