Praying to God before playing poker

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a little understanding in life, then perhaps you should know that God and gambling are incompatible things! That kind of nonsense,learn to separate flies from cutlets,and then in the head instead of brains will be mush!:) P.S. the Devil pray more correctly and more effective!

G

gencoal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can pray to anything if it calms you good for you ...But you really think god would pick winners ...What if all the players prayed .What!.. God has a counter, counting the prayers of one verses another,.... oooh I like his a little more then yours ...Busted aces ..you go to poker hell because you didn't grovel hard enough...really.. ... what if one player beats his wife ,...but he prays really really really hard ...All good...... Royal flushes every hand.... Do you really think god picks winners ..When football players come off the field and thank god for their win,... do you really think god thought ...screw the other guys....They didn't pray as hard as my guy did ,,We play poker ,,Thank god, or thank Krishna, or thank chucky cheese..all good that being said ..yes when I am in a situation that I think yup this could be it this might be the end ,I pray I pray for a way out .so far my prayer has been answered ...or not ...nobody really knows but if you think god gives a shit about poker ..let me remind you that jesus upturned the tables on this point ,,, stick to praying to the poker gods ..or fortune cookies .. or astrology

Last edited:
neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not even think about it, I think prayers and gambling are incompatible.

G

gencoal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
and just when I said god doesn't pick winners the big wind storm in my area knocked down the power lines 5 min before I could register in todays free roll.. see god knocked out the power to thousands ...just to teach me a lesson......see how that works ...chucky cheese got pissed

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

I don't think players should be praying before or during poker.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If god was on another table i would be going over to have a word or two with him.lol

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can call this meditation, but not prayer. Meditation to tune in to the game.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If praying to God makes you feel better then you will play better so go for it.

On that note I will add this. I would find better things to pray about than some card game. God doesn't give two craps about your card game if there is such a thing as God.

That's like when athletes thank God for winning titles. Yeah, God helped you win that game but to hell with children all over the world who suffer. Get out of here with that hog wash.

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do not be afraid to be crazy, fear of being a loser for life. Fate willed helps, but objectively, until you prove this willpower.

"seek and ye shall find, ask, and it shall be given unto you!"

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I always pray to my poker god. His name is Aceup. There is even a great mantra, that you can sing for him: "Asap Aceup, asap Aceup, asap Aceup...."

And when you pray very intensive and repeat this mantra often enough, then it can happen that there are some aces appearing in your hand.
I am very inspired about him and love him. I would like to share this with you all.
I am considering to create a new religion about Aceup. Just tell me, if you would like to join. Maybe I should creat a poll or thread about him, so that the whole community here can feel his love.

MaxMarauder

MaxMarauder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. .I pray for wisdom, focus, insight and to make correct decisions. And that is during the game not just before.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:D:D
24vtlz8.jpg
24vtlz8.jpg

N

needcoffeesendhelp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you praying for?

I think it's important to note what the reason for praying is ... are you asking for God to give you good cards, or to be a good winner/loser? I think the latter is acceptable.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's important to note what the reason for praying is ... are you asking for God to give you good cards, or to be a good winner/loser? I think the latter is acceptable.

This

Also I think one thing that is a big struggle is the Christian faith warns about the love of money being the root of all kinds of evil. I think we try to stay level headed when playing poker but at the end of the day you are dealing with very real and raw emotions that may be fundamentally changing who you are as a person. Just something I've been thinking and wrestling with.

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many more important things to pray for that it just seems the most egoistic thing to do.I depend on my skills and my work only, and let luck do w/e it wants.I would save the praying for before bedtime or lunch.Meditating before your poker session would be ideal.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hail Satan!

Before playing poker you need to pray to Satan, not God!
:rock:You are on to something here.:rock: Ritual magic to get better at hand reading.:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Hail Satan!!!!

:evil:Zer0:evil:

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider it necessary to pray. It's just a game. haha

Grafiti7

Grafiti7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If u believe in God , u must know that then u shouldnt play poker at all..Because in every relegion gamling is restricted.

vagrantjunki3

vagrantjunki3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pray and then go all in with every hand, let me know how that works out

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go with my family to church on holidays and weekends, but I do not pray before playing poker, I just spread my playing skills and play and sometimes luck helps me in the game, but I will not argue in this situation, someone can pray before play and prayer helps him in the game!