powerful attraction

jose a c neto

jose a c neto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have two adult sons who quit their jobs and professions in the food engineering and law fields to dedicate themselves exclusively to poker. They can earn more money as poker players than in their abandoned professions. Is everything we do driven by the money we make, or is it because some professions (considering that poker can be seen as a profession) are more exciting than others? Alternatively, is it because poker exerts such a powerful attraction on the human mind that it captivates us overwhelmingly?

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
If you are going to be a professional poker player then yes you are driven by money. You have to pay your bills somehow.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good alternative, as expressive gains always happen with good players.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I have two adult sons who quit their jobs and professions in the food engineering and law fields to dedicate themselves exclusively to poker. They can earn more money as poker players than in their abandoned professions.
So, they are realy good in poker, congrats!
Is everything we do driven by the money we make, or is it because some professions (considering that poker can be seen as a profession) are more exciting than others?
Оne reason is money. Yes, professions, some, can be boring, but this is already a matter of mental basis...
Alternatively, is it because poker exerts such a powerful attraction on the human mind that it captivates us overwhelmingly?
Yes, there is such a thing...

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I hope they are playing live. Otherwise, it can be a short career.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker moves our emotions and that's just a few jobs that have what makes poker very exciting, and there's also the fact that it's one of the only jobs where you'll lose money most days hehehe

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have two adult sons who quit their jobs and professions in the food engineering and law fields to dedicate themselves exclusively to poker. They can earn more money as poker players than in their abandoned professions. Is everything we do driven by the money we make, or is it because some professions (considering that poker can be seen as a profession) are more exciting than others? Alternatively, is it because poker exerts such a powerful attraction on the human mind that it captivates us overwhelmingly?
Your sons decided to play poker because they didn't want to spend their whole lives working at a job they didn't like and probably didn't pay very well. And poker gave them money and, more importantly, satisfaction from the process of work itself, although it is a much more risky way, because you can be left with nothing. So I wish your sons every success and may they become famous poker players and future millionaires.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell us how it works out for them. Hope it does.

GL.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
That depends on whether the choice is made sentimentally or technically

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker provides additional opportunities...

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a tough life and only a small percentage do exceptionally well but you don't know till you try.

Th