Possible to be a good profitable player by your own?

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!
Recently I`m start looking for info about players who have reached big wins without coach/fund/team etc.
How do you think is it possible to become self-educated poker player with positive results?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been playing online since 2009, I learned to play by reading about poker, watching some matches/tournaments, then playing with face and courage, I'm not a big player or professional, I've already made some gains, I play an average of 4 to 8 hours a day , from Monday to Monday, and I live learning from my mistakes, when I get nervous because of a wrong move, I stop, watch a movie or series, and return

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is possible, more difficult but your gains are higher with no costs or rackebacks from teams, whatch professionals online, study the game, review your hands (the ones you lost the most). This forum has very nice threads that will help you too.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a coach, you can become a good player, but without poker literature, it is impossible!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is certainly possible but it will be a long process. You can learn faster when you have a professional poker player teach you.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course it is possible. It all depends on you and your desire to be successful. For example, being a member of our community is already a big step towards success. :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course it's possible :), you just have to take it step by step, from goal to goal and that's how you get to grow in buy-ins, but also in earnings:)

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!
Recently I`m start looking for info about players who have reached big wins without coach/fund/team etc.
How do you think is it possible to become self-educated poker player with positive results?
I think it's possible to become a good profitable poker player on your own, but it will take a very long time! If you want to become a professional, you will need the help of a team or a coach, as they can give you very good advice and recommendations, point out your big mistakes that you will only learn about after a very long time! Good luck at the tables!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Of course it is possible. It all depends on you and your desire to be successful. For example, being a member of our community is already a big step towards success. :)

This last part must be very accurate then :hmmmm2:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started to play poker around 18 years ago, it wasn't common these type of thing like coaching or teams and there are many still successful players that started to learn by reading books and watching tournaments. It may take you more time and be more difficult, but it's possible.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Of course it is possible, one needs to evaluate which ways one learns best & try to gain as much information as possible that way. You also need to factor in your goals & the time you have to commit to learning. Your goal is to become a good recreational player who stays around even $ wise, not a lot of point in paying for private lessons from one of the top teachers, instead invest in their books, videos or study some of the free information these teachers offer for free on sites like CC.

Last edited:
pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's possible back in 2008 9 I had a great run. I was able to make huge bankrolls and live large off pokerstars it was great however that dried up and went on a bad run stop playing for a few years. I then played a bit here and there and lost almost always. Now I play often but not everyday and I was able to go from minus 3k to up a few hundred lifetime in tournaments. So I'm on the up and up hoping to never again be unprofitable

Hi everyone!

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think anything is possible. In my opinion, all the restrictions are only in our head. Obviously, if you are patient and devote enough time to your learning and development, you will succeed.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course you can with dedication and study and effort everything can be achieved:D

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi everyone!

Everything is possible, it just depends on dedication and time in the game.

It took me 2 years to become profitable, and today I've been playing for 8 years.

But I know people who started to profit after 8 months, it varies from person to person, the type of game and where to seek knowledge to improve their game, especially in free content, which is our focus here.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Of course, you can get lucky and drag out the tournament. But even for an experienced player, this is most likely only a short-term success. Early on in my poker journey, the main source of my learning and improving the quality of my game was playing a huge amount of hands. I literally spent 10-12 hours playing every day. Of course, not all of you have so much free time to devote to the game. However, even if you work full time or study full time, you should still have a couple of hours of free time at night. Consistency is another important quality of a successful poker player. It is very important to try to play every day as much as possible. This will keep the game fresh in your mind and make it easier to remember any key situations you may have been working on lately.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I'm actually try to do that. I'm Studying alone and self teaching all the day. But formally. It is not my first time doing something like that. I can say that if you built a good self teaching method to study you can be a very good Profesional in everything. I'm a proof of that in areas to much difficult than poker. So. Believe it.

Hi everyone!

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes everth is possible,Patrick Antonius said that he never read a book even

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Even in this forum are some freaks who havent looked towards tutorials, courses and whatever other "helping tools" so yeah it is clearly more than possible ...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
of course you can take a lot of time to become a good player learn everything about poker and you will become a great player believe in it