Position is over-rated

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely can get you some chips over the coarse of a tourney that could make a difference, particularly if you have a solid chip lead over the people behind you. You can take major advantage of position when it's close to the pay bubble and people are tightening up.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with you UTG the game is already too different,the range is better...

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Positional play is very much needed in poker and is an excellent factor, but when you are in the position you have to play and bet with good hands but also bluff sometimes, I agree with some members that there are many players who do not look at positions and play all-in on all small garbage cards, and in such cases you need to play good cards to win, but sometimes the position in the game does not solve when the player is playing all-in and you have a good card and you open the player and the player has a better match!

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also agree that the position of poker online is not as important as it has when playing live, online are all much more aggressive.

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Information is power and you have the most information in later position

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Literally any average poker player or even bad poker player knows that using position is a supposed advantage in poker. Poker isn't the same as it used to be though, and considering how everyone knows this, position has lost a lot of its betting power. Checking with strong hands is much stronger now that everyone tries betting with position to steal blinds/ steal the pot. I'd suggest only betting with good hands in position, as it will actually look weaker. Start trying to bluff from mid position instead, seems a lot stronger.

Sounds like your trapping your self alot mix it up and don't always bet

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's still a very powerful aspect of the game. Even though the method of how you take advantage of it might have evolved as you pointed out.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is very important and help you win blinds that will help you win tournaments up front. Not to mention that if you are in position you can know what your opponent did before making your decision, this is crucial.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
table position is decisive in nearly 70% of the hands that I will play. this in my game ..

C

Cbob1195

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position helps for you to identify what range of cards a player is using and what type of range they have. Which then will help you when going in against them knowing there range you are in a much better place