PokerTracker V3-with or without PostgreSQL?

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick question about the new Poker Tracker version.
I have never had poker tracker but feel like I might go for it now that a new version is out.

But when I go to the purchase page it asks me if I want the version WITH PostgreSQL or WITHOUT PostgreSQL. Nowhere on their site or even in the forums does it give any guidance as to what PostgreSQL is or what is the recommended choice to download.

I've looked it up on wikipedia but all I get is bamboozled with jargon. If you HAVE to have PostgreSQL for Poker Tracker to run, why the hell do they give you a choice?

Could someone please shed some light on this for me and tell me which one I should get? With or without? And does it make any huge difference?

Thanks in advance.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get the one with postgreSQL. You have to have it to run it, but they give you the option to download without so that once you have it you can just upgrade without reinstalling PostgreSQL every time. it makes the file size smaller which is nice when they were updating about every 2 weeks with a new beta for pt3

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like he said. You need that PostgreSQL, as PokerTracker uses an SQL database. But once you have PostgreSQL installed there's no reason to download it again. So for future PokerTracker updates just get the (smaller) download that only contains the latest version of PokerTracker.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide