PokerTracker fanatics

A

Anexa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never really thought about using poker tracker until I saw that PT3 was available to download for a trial and I am REALLY glad that I did. I deposited $65 into FT recently and I am now up to $93 after 4 days of play (that doesn't include the bonuses they have released to me) and that is over about 1500 hands played. I'm happy I'm not down but Poker Tracker has shown me some major flaws in my game that I never would have noticed otherwise.

I discovered that my most played hand was Q9o (ick) at 23 times and it only won about 4% of the time. I had no idea I was favoring that hand for some strange reason! For those of you that have checked out your stats what's the hand that you play most that you shouldn't?

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suspect that you will be in for a few nasty surprises when you start to build a significant sized PT database.

I bought PT2 when I first started playing online. I played (relatively) tight even from the start as I'd studied and researched the game before putting any money in, but i still had some surprises at how unprofitable some hands were, and hands that I'd thought to be very good turning out to be marginal (if played in position and negative EV if played out of position).

Hands like QTo, JT, KTo were hands that I'd play from EP when I first started playing, but PT soon showed me the error of my ways.

I'd recommend checking position stats in PT. It will not be too helpful initially, but as you build up a larger database, you should (if you are playing wisely) notice that your VP$IP decreases noticeably as you move from LP to Mp to EP. I'd also recommend checking out your significant loosing hands (ideally after each session) using the replayer to see where you went wrong. You will be surprised at how obvious some mistakes are - though doing something to prevent yourself from replicating those mistakes is rather more difficult.

At the risk of being accused of having some kind of financial interest in PT (I do NOT) in view of the number of times I praise it, I would say buy a license when the commercial version is available. It'll probably cost about $60 -$70 but it will be money well spent. The more hands you build up in your database, the more useful it gets.

Regards

Boltneck.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide