cesarrr88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just downloaded Pokerstove

I have been playing with it for about an hour

Anyone else use it and if you do how helpful has it been

Should i try using it every hand im involved in?

ericgarner118

ericgarner118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstove is a great tool to have. The two biggest ways I use it are for HH reviews and if you want to get am idea of your opponents hand range. When you are going through some of your previous hands you can punch your hand, your opponents hand, and the board in and see if you made a correct call. Instead of just putting in the hand he actually had, you can put the range you put him on in, and it will tell you how well you would do against that range. You can also take some of your opponents stats (assuming you use some kind of tracker) and get an idea of his range. For example, if you have some one who has a VPIP of 25. To get a general idea of his starting hand range if he calls from MP, just punch 25% into poker stove and it will give you a range for him. There are other uses for Pokerstove but those are two of the biggest that I've used it for.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a nice program that I don't use anywhere near enough.

You shouldn't be using it in every hand you're involved in.

If you have poker tracking software try to mark hands you would like to review and then revisit the session later using pokerstove. It will work better with opponents that you are more familiar w/ since you will have a better understanding of their ranges and play.