rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hello there

Just a few questions for my fellow poker-ing people.

Time:
- Do you play every day?
- How many hours do you play each session?
- Do you give yourself breaks? Is it hours or days?

Focus:
- When you play, do you concentrate on the table 100% or do you multi-table or maybe even multitask?
- How much time do you put in to studying poker?
- Do you play more cash games or tournaments?

Money:
- What's the highest buy-in you've paid out of your own bankroll? i.e. not won a satellite into.
- Without being too specific, what is your bankroll range? $0-$100, $100-$1000, $1000+
- What's your biggest win?

Goals:
- Why do you play poker?
- Are you aiming to climb the ranks, turn pro, or eek out a little extra spending money?

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer.

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
My answers.

Time:
- Do you play every day?
Yes, but somedays I don't play properly. Just all-in on the first hand, so if I get knocked out I can concentrate on other things.
- How many hours do you play each session?
If I do well, a few hours, otherwise it's minutes and I'm on to something else.
- Do you give yourself breaks? Is it hours or days?
I try to have a day off here and there, but sometimes I just play one hand in a freeroll.

Focus:
- When you play, do you concentrate on the table 100% or do you multi-table or maybe even multitask?
I usually multitask while multi-tabling. Do some chores and then look at my options when I hear the bell for my turn.
- How much time do you put in to studying poker?
Very little. In my opinion, you need to get lucky and hit some hands to do well in tournaments, so if I get lucky, I get lucky.
- Do you play more cash games or tournaments?
Mostly tournaments, usually only play cash games to do challenges.

Money:
- What's the highest buy-in you've paid out of your own bankroll?
$1.00. My skill level and bankroll has never been high enough to justify playing in higher buy-ins. And even then when I pay for buy-ins, my luck is horrible. Why risk more money?
- Without being too specific, what is your bankroll range? $0-$100, $100-$1000, $1000+
$0-$100. I usually withdraw around the $50 mark.
- What's your biggest win?
$40 in a freeroll.

Goals:
- Why do you play poker?
Free money on freerolls.
- Are you aiming to climb the ranks, turn pro, or eek out a little extra spending money?
Eek out a little extra spending money.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I see you want to collect a whole dossier on the players, no one will write such details to you.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I play for fun, so I play when I have free time. On average, I play 3-4 days a week. I only play in tournaments and I usually play two to four tables at a time. My biggest buy-in was $5.50. My biggest win is about $200. I play poker for fun, but I would like to make poker my new profession one day :)

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I see you want to collect a whole dossier on the players, no one will write such details to you.
You can make a dossier if you want. I don’t have the time for that.

Mostly interested to see how much time people put into playing poker and how serious they are about it. My mental health would deteriorate if I played all day every day and tried to take it seriously.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Read the forum carefully on this topic, there is enough information here about who plays how much and how.