Poker Tracker necessary?

R

rcmedcop1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is PT allowed at all sites? I read that people were selling lists of people they tracked at sites.

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is PT allowed at all sites? I read that people were selling lists of people they tracked at sites.

You don't even have to have it running while you play, all it does is import hand histories that you save on your hard drive.

It will track players taht you play with, so it can be useful for figuring out tendencies and such

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Citing Stars as an example, PT is allowed, what is prohibited is the sharing of PT information through a public database, for example.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH POKER TRACKER

oh , I mean unless you're willing to put the time into it . lots of hard work to understand all the information you get and how to use it to your benefit.

the people who can benefit from PT are already keeping track of some different stats and studying HH'S and all that stuff and then PT helps them do it easier .

I do not have it because I can't afford it but I'm thinking seriously about getting the new one soon , my problem is I'm not sure I can or will put the time and effort in it that it takes to make it worthwhile.

good luck to all who do get it , I know the help is here to back you up .

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's well worth it, but I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary. If you're serious about winning and can afford it, then by all means get it.

Is it worh to buy if you have pokeroffice?

Eugenius

Eugenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking about developing a web-based version of a similar product to poker-tracker. Think sharscope and pokertracker combined with some nifty features... give me a months or so and I'll have it ready for alpha/beta testing. The initial two sites it will support will be FTP and Cake.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking about developing a web-based version of a similar product to poker-tracker. Think sharscope and pokertracker combined with some nifty features... give me a months or so and I'll have it ready for alpha/beta testing. The initial two sites it will support will be Full Tilt Poker and Cake.

make sure you post it up on CC. I would love to try it but currently only play on PS.

K4Lic0

K4Lic0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody know when v3 is coming out?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It went into alpha mid December, so don't expect it mid Janurary. I would guess at least 2 months alpha, 2 months beta, which puts it April fools day or so.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
OMG, please don't start this again. Pat, the owner, writer, and main support at PokerTracker, deserves to be paid for his hard work. I would imagine the folks at PokerAce do, also. Please don't endorse software piracy.
This is a joke post surely

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although almost all my music as well as several programs on my pc are pirated, I have to agree with Stick in that PT and it's staff doesn't deserve to be. PT is a perfect example of a program that deserves it's dues.

Pat is constantly updating it, giving A++ support at their forums, and the program is hands-down the best tracking software out there.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idle Miner is an add-on to PT that is used to mine hands on your opponents so you can have info on them the next time you play them?

It seems like there is a lot to digest with PT and the add-ons. Anyone recommend a course of action? Which add-ons are necessary?

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide