Poker Tracker 2/Poker Ace Hud or Poker Tracker 3?

S

strtwlknchta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the latest version of Poker Tracker 2/Poker Ace hud and I play at poker stars. I have it all working properly except that the player stats feature has never worked properly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but one thing that it has never done, even if working properly, is to display player stats of my opponents beyond what I have actually observed. In other words, the stats are only comprised of data from the game that I am playing them in (assuming I've never played against anyone at the table before). I've tried various settings. I've tried doing searches on the internets. I've tried combing through the Poker Tracker forums looking to get this sorted out without wasting bandwidth here. I still can't make it work.

I am considering purchasing the new version of Poker Tracker but before I do, I would like some feedback on the player stats feature. I am unclear as to whether a given player's full stats (i.e., every game they've ever played) is available at all. Is it? If not, I'm not sure I can justify the expenditure.

Even if the player stats feature is not available, are the new features of Poker Tracker 3 good enough to justify the upgrade?

I will not qualify for a discount.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it's not possible to get stats for every game a player has ever played. With any of these types of programs you will only get stats from hands you have actually observed. On some sites like Full Tilt for example you can import hands that you aren't actually involved in, you just need to have the table open but you still need to see it happen.

Any program that has a collection of stats from players that you have never played against would almost certainly be against the rules for any site since it gives such an unfair advantage.

And at the moment the HUD for PT3 isn't working so well if you play a lot of tables so I would say just wait for now if you don't qualify for a discount, there is still a lot of things for them to work out.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide