Poker startings

NeverFold

NeverFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Every one around is a poker player but how many knows from where the poker originated any rough idea or something? That would really be full of knowledge post

Thanks and share your thoughts please

SlySwagga

SlySwagga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ that's exactly where i go for most of my questions regarding anything.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A comprehensive and very well written book about the history of poker is Cowbys Full by James McManus. Some sections of the book first appeared as a series in CardPlayer magazine, which you can easily access online and search the archives. Absolutely fascinating and informative.

womackcali02

womackcali02

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jim Mcmanus wrote a book called "Cowboys Full" The story of poker. Which is the story of how poker originated. I have not read it but it seems like something you might be interested in.

Im a retard! Just saw the guy above my post aleady wrote this. Pff. Sorry for the needless post :)

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah I've been waiting for this question...

It all began a long long time ago in a galaxy kind of close to here. Phil Hellmuth's great great great... great great grandcester had stolen the rules for the game of the Ivey League Gentlegods. He and his manservent Dwan Quixote tipped a few windmills in doing so... the Iveys were not pleased... in fact they looked something like this:

That's all I got so far.

NeverFold

NeverFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a bunches for so much info and wealth of knowledge :) Thats so nice of you all

aikindoma

aikindoma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah I've been waiting for this question...

It all began a long long time ago in a galaxy kind of close to here. Phil Hellmuth's great great great... great great grandcester had stolen the rules for the game of the Ivey League Gentlegods. He and his manservent Dwan Quixote tipped a few windmills in doing so... the Iveys were not pleased... in fact they looked something like this:

That's all I got so far.

LooooL...!!!

NeverFold

NeverFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks a lot for sharing information:)