Poker is Sport !

Mojomax747

Mojomax747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, i am very open on whether poker should be classed as a sport and i dont mind which way it goes.

But, one thing i do know is that i wont be waiting with anticipation and baited breath to read anything this guy "James Porteous" has to write in the near future.

For one, he describes slot machine players as "HER" and for two, read below and make your own conclusions.

Poker a sport? maybe, who knows.

The Heralds James Porteous an idiot? most definitely.

There are plenty of others, many of which we take great pride in bagging Olympic medals for: shooting and archery (sit on ground, pull string/trigger); sailing (sit on boat, point boat at wind); motorsport (sit in car, press brake/accelerator); all varieties of bobsled/luge/etc (sit on teatray, pray not to die).

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no previous knowledge of the author. Apparently you do. I enjoyed the article though.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I rather enjoyed the article and some of the obvious tongue in cheek humor. Very reminiscent of Dave Barry, actually. And while he did get a few facts wrong about the banning of poker, etc, many of his points are very valid.

Take curling...please. No, seriously, take curling as an example. Slide a rock over a long thin ice patch guided by two people running with brooms. This is sport? Yep. And yes, NASCAR. Bunch of rednecks driving left. Yep. Sport. (And I can make fun of both of those because I also watch them). Poker is easily classified as a sport when using the same definitions that everything else classified as a sport uses. And once defined as a sport, that ends the luck vs skill argument and forces government to piss off. And if that's all it would take, I'm even more for it.

J

james222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah. Poker is definitely not a sport.