Poker is soooooo weird

X

xCashin_inx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have determined that poker is the only game in the world where you can consistantly beat better players and consistantly lose to worse players. We have a traveling charity event that goes from place to place and you get some really good players that go and play, I consistantly go into them and win money. I think ive been to about 10 events and ive come out posative in money 8 of those 10 times, one I lost 300 bucks on a terrible day and the other I lost like 30 bucks. The times ive won id have some huge wins ($950) ($775) playing $1/$2 and a few minor wins ($50). Recently however ive been going to this bar up the road to play cards on monday nights, the players are downright awful, some dont even know the rules and they are just the biggest donkies you could ask for. You would think I would be in heaven right? No! Ive played up there twice so far and lost on both occassions. Just tonight I had KJ and the board was AA779, everyone checked on every turn and I figured my K high had to be good so I bet a fairly big amount and one guy called with 55. Another guy said I lost but I had to explain I had the best hand. These guys are complete idiots and I cannot win.

I realize its because with my agressive style the better players can get get away from marginal hands and the donkies will play them all the way to the showdown. Is there ANYTHING I can do besides just play quality cards and play straight forward poker. I think its crazy that these guys that dont even know how to play or have any sense of the game can beat me. Is the only thing I can do is just slow way down and only play the nuts?