Poker skill

Willian Alberto

Willian Alberto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hey guys, does playing too much for a long time impairs your gameplay too?
I wanted to know if it's just a CMG, because I start playing well but after about 12 tournaments I start constantly messing up.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!
Reduce the number of hours of play. 12 tournaments is a lot for one day. Analyze after what time you have a decline in the game, and try to shorten your game by a few hours to avoid a decline.

But in fact, it may well be due to fatigue. After a long game, you gradually get tired and begin to lose concentration. Naturally, this affects your game. Try to play in a good mood and get a good night's sleep before the tournament.

Also, it may be due to boredom, after a long time of monotonous actions, your concentration may decrease, which leads to the fact that you begin to add movement to the game yourself and make more mistakes. Take small breaks right during the game (see what's new on the forum, read). Don't let boredom get the better of your game.

You can try playing at several tables at the same time to avoid the onset of boredom: increasing your activity will not let you get bored, but if you are not used to playing at several tables, it may, on the contrary, harm you.

Good luck 🌺🌺🌺

Last edited:
Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I play 1-2 tournaments a day. Also, I only play 4-5 days a week and always take 2-3 days off. A break is a necessary process for me, because without a break I start to lose patience.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will be tired and make many mistakes if I have to play for a long time. Unless I have to play a final table, I just play about 4- 6 hours and take a rest.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, yes. When I play more than 6-8 hours, I get tired and I know that my focus is not the same as when I start to play. But if I'm still alive in the tournament, I try to drink coffee or energy drink to stay awake and focused.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's crazy to play 12 MTT per day brother, for me at least.
It is better to play 1 MTT concentrated and then when you finish take a break and if you want to play another one.
The wrong decisions are not only taken on the day, but also the next day, because you want to do the same thing again and your mind is not rested.
In addition to what tires the vision to be in front of the laptop or the phone playing, each hand takes a lot of attention even if you are not playing it yourself. Because many times you get to see how your opponent plays and it's as if you played the hand too.
For me, what matters is not the number of tournaments you play, but the quality with which you play the tournaments, even if they are few per day, your performance will be better.
Playing many MTTs per day must also be part of the anxiety that you talked about in another post.
From my heart I think it's an attitude that you should improve brother.
Greetings Carlos:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Willian Alberto

Willian Alberto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello!
Reduce the number of game hours. 12 tournaments is a lot for one day. Analyze after what time you have a decline in the game and try to shorten your game by a few hours to avoid a decline.

But in fact, it may well be due to fatigue. After a long game, you gradually get tired and start to lose concentration. Naturally, this affects your game. Try to play in a good mood and get a good night's sleep before the tournament.

In addition, it may be due to boredom, after a long time of monotonous actions, your concentration may decrease, which leads to the fact that you begin to add movement to the game and make more mistakes. Take short breaks during the game (see what's new on the forum, read). Don't let boredom get the best out of your game.

You can try playing at several tables at the same time to avoid boredom: increasing your activity will not make you bored, but if you are not used to playing at several tables, it may, on the contrary, harm you.

Good Luck 🌺🌺🌺
Great!
It helped me MT, I will apply more from now on..

Willian Alberto

Willian Alberto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's crazy to play 12 MTT a day brother, at least for me.
It's best to play a concentrated MTT and then pause when you're done and if you want to play another one.
The wrong decisions are not only made the day, but also the next day, because you want to do the same thing again and your mind is not at rest.
In addition to the tiring sight of being in front of the notebook or cell phone ringing, each hand draws a lot of attention even if you're not playing alone. Because you can often see how your opponent plays and it's as if you've played the hand too.
For me, what matters is not the number of tournaments you play, but the quality with which you play the tournaments, even if there are few a day, your performance will be better.
Play too many MTTs a day should also be part of the anxiety you mentioned in another post.
In my heart I think it's an attitude you should improve brother.
Greetings Carlos:):) :stands up: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Take the tip my brother, I asked in another post because I realized that it is something that is hurting me TOO MUCH!
.. thank you for collaborating, TMJ!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thanks bro for the tip kkkkkkkk
It happens that I relate your other post to this one, and I really think that the problem is the same and it is about anxiety.
Psychologically I will give you a simple example.
I believe that a good poker player is someone who starts playing with little money, maybe a small deposit. And he starts playing MTT or SGN to start building his bankroll.
With patience (the opposite of anxiety) he is playing tournaments, entering the ITM, sometimes even entering final tables and even winning a tournament.
His bankroll begins to increase, and he is already seeing other tournaments he can play with more value. Or even a satellite that communicates with a guaranteed big prize tournament.
That player is very clear that he wants to live from poker.
The opposite example is the anxious player.
He plays a tournament, 2 tournaments, 3 tournaments and out there he is lucky enough to collect a good prize in one of them. Even possibly 1st place.
He maybe wins a pot to play 30 tournaments, but he thinks there must be another way to not wait for the next day to continue making money. So where does he go??? to the cash tables!!!
The anxiety led him to play everything he won at the cash tables, and this is where the player usually loses everything and goes back to playing freerolls.
In other words, in general, he can have one, two lucky nights and on the third night he loses everything.
What do I want to tell you with this, that anxiety is not a good counselor. Not in daily life, not in an MTT, not in an SGN, not in anything. Everything in life dear friend comes with patience, sacrifice and discipline.
That for me is the secret of personal success.
Maybe you are still very young, I was also young at some point, and today at 53 years old I feel very young. The difference is that today I have the experience of learning and hitting the wall that I gave myself in life.
Sleep well friend, rest, think and reflect on what I tell you, and hopefully it will help you a lot.
A hug brother!!! God bless you!!!
Greetings Carlos:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! We have our limits in every field of the life. And your emotion and other circumstances can get in, so its not easy to say that I'll be playing XY games / cash tables no matter what. I think its very important to have a prearation, not just jump in the deep and getting lost after a while by not prepared your mind and body.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Brother, it's tiring to play 12 tournaments, do you have good results at the end of the day? What does the money balance look like?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to know if it's just a CMG, because I start playing well but after about 12 tournaments I start constantly messing up.
12 tourneys? wow, i can only get thru one before i start misplaying!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, you have a kind of mental stress, impairing your reasoning.

The ideal is to know your limits and not exceed them.

Willian Alberto

Willian Alberto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Brother, it's tiring to play 12 tournaments, do you have good results at the end of the day? How is the balance of money?
I generally gain and then lose again..
.. I never accumulate, so there were so many kinds of stress at the same time.

Willian Alberto

Willian Alberto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Thank you brother for the tip kkkkkkkk
I happen to relate your other post to this one, and I really think the problem is the same and it's about anxiety.
Psychologically, I'm going to give you a simple example.
I believe that a good poker player is someone who starts playing with little money, perhaps a small deposit. And he starts playing MTT or SGN to start building his bankroll.
With patience (the opposite of anxiety) he's playing tournaments, entering ITM, sometimes even entering final tables, and even winning a tournament.
His bankroll is starting to increase, and he's already seeing other tournaments that he can play with more value. Or even a satellite that communicates with a guaranteed major tournament.
This player is very clear that he wants to make a living from poker.
The opposite example is the anxious player.
He plays a tournament, 2 tournaments, 3 tournaments and so on he is lucky to get a good prize in one of them. Possibly even 1st place.
He may win a pot to play 30 tournaments, but he thinks there must be another way not to wait until the next day to continue winning money. So where is he going??? to the cash desks!!!
Anxiety caused him to play everything he won at the tables for cash, and this is where the player generally loses everything and returns to playing freerolls.
In other words, in general, he can have one, two lucky nights, and on the third he loses everything.
What I want to tell you by this, that anxiety is not a good counselor. Not in everyday life, not in an MTT, not in an SGN, not in anything. Everything in life dear friend comes with patience, sacrifice, and discipline.
This for me is the secret to personal success.
Maybe you're still very young, I was also young at some point, and today at 53 I feel very young. The difference is that today I have the experience of learning and hitting the wall that I gave myself in life.
Sleep well friend, rest, think and reflect on what I tell you, and I hope it will help you a lot.
A hug brother!!! God bless you!!!
Greetings Carlos:):) :spade: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yes, everything you said happened kkkkk
I won and won several tournaments, but everything I build will go to waste on the same day.
.. going back to the Freerolls the anxiety comes even stronger because of the thought “I've already arrived there, I can get there again!”
And I end up sucking, but yes, I needed shared experience to know what to improve in a personal way, it helped a lotoooo!

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say that the number of tournaments matters as much as does hours/days played consecutively