rastafario11

rastafario11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I just want to say that thanks to online poker, I was able to get out of many, many bad things and complicated situations in my life since I was young.
Going on to dedicate hours and hours to playing tournaments was sensational, however, despite not being able to become financially independent, I was able to get my life back on track, poker requires a lot of commitment and also responsibility in a certain way.
It helped me stop thinking about the worst moments in my life, I don't remember how I started playing, but although I am still a disaster today, I couldn't have done it without online poker.

and especially freerolls. I spent 8 hours a day playing poker every day for months or more.

What he saved me from was relapses with drugs, my mother's illness, stress, depression... madness...

Anyone else has happened?

thanks to the freeroll mob, jeje.. to every mob

I think it was back in 2009 that I started.

I take it as something recreational and therapeutic, but obviously I hope one day to win a good pot.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Poker can help me not to think about a lot of horrible stuff that has happened in my life.

Just like physical sports and exercise. mental games like poker can calm the mind by living in the moment (the power of now).

Be careful though so you don't spend almost all your free time playing, because it can become an addiction in itself just like video games etc.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby that brings me pleasure and distracts me from everyday affairs and problems. I am a disciplined player, so regardless of the result, I get mostly only positives from the game.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Exactly sometimes a go, My primary source of income has been poker. Even the cardschat freerolls have contributed significantly to my earnings.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am happy that you have poker as an escape from the harsh reality of life. I also already benefited from it in this regard! Keep studying and one day you will be able to get where you want! Congratulations on your sincerity 👊

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In my case, I wouldn't call it saving a life. But it changed my life a bit. Playing poker requires the player to be systematic and have the right mindset. This caused some changes in my life. Because I want to win, I have to play as best as I can. And to play the best I can, I have to be prepared to play, be rested, have a free mind. And for this to happen, I must first take care of all the matters in my real life. Additionally, poker taught me "risk management", which I applied in real life. I stopped dealing with trivialities (72o), I focused only on the most important matters (monster hand).

So it didn't save my life, but it made it a lot easier.

F

fgy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
My eyesight is very poor and I have been out of work for a very long time. Sometimes I win something and it makes life a little easier.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Poker helps to relax, forget about problems at home and outside the world. And you can even win money with it.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No meu caso, eu não chamaria isso de salvar uma vida. Mas mudou um pouco a minha vida. Jogar pôquer exige que o jogador seja sistemático e tenha a mentalidade certa. Isso causou algumas mudanças em minha vida. Porque quero vencer, tenho que jogar o melhor que puder. E para jogar o melhor que posso, tenho que estar preparado para jogar, estar descansado, ter a mente livre. E para que isso aconteça, devo primeiro cuidar de todos os assuntos da minha vida real. Além disso, o poker me ensinou “gestão de risco”, que apliquei na vida real. Parei de lidar com trivialidades (72o), foquei apenas nos assuntos mais importantes (mão monstro).

Então isso não salvou minha vida, mas tornou tudo muito mais fácil.
Wise words, congratulations on understanding the game and a bit of life! 👍

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I can't understand when you say save someone's life, or you mean improve someone's life, if you see on the internet many people became millionaires from poker by playing a tournament well or making good decisions, I think so.