Poker Room Bots

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played poker on my mobile (cellphone) and taken $1K to $45K :) ... I've played on the Wii and taken $1K to over $500K :D ...

I sincerly hope this is not serious?

Dogfish44

Dogfish44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate to admit it but, It's all true!!!

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well and how to you it? The real bot or cheater!

rz.PNG

Dogfish44

Dogfish44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry dude, but that's all greek to me!!!

Yes... before you complain, I do know it's cyrillic!!!

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NewLucker, I don't think anyone claims that bots know what cards are coming.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dogfish44

Dogfish44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe, because like lovers... they were suited?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wy he call all in with T4 ?Its very stupid call !!!:mad:

C'mon, you don't really think everyone who plays on line is good, do you? :D I wouldn't make any money if everyone were good!

Believe me, I play live as well as online, and I see worse hands all in preflop than T4s!

MrFold

MrFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you tell who's a real player and who's a bot?

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
little hidden thing on that picture with the guy who has T4. It's a $2 tournie. U get idiots playin any crap so it's not a bot.
As for the top sites i doubts there will b bots as this will ruin their image. Dont think they want that since FT and pokerstars are battling out to become the best ATM IMO.
As for the small sites im not too sure about bots but mayb they are easy to beat? Im sur eu can figure there betting patterns out.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To MrFold -

1. length of sessions (time) - it's not really practical for a human to play 12-18 hrs a day every day... note this might be multiple people using the same username rather than a bot (this practice is also against the rules of all reputable sites)
2. extremely predictable responses to the same situations
3. more common in limit than no limit, to my understanding

I'm sure there are other indications, but these are the ones I remember.

For anyone seriously interested or concerned about this, i really recommend searching online for more info, i know there's a lot of info out there.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if UB has bots or not. I know this that I'm unable to win at low stakes games. Bots? I don't know but I know this I hate playing at UB.

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
little hidden thing on that picture with the guy who has T4. It's a $2 tournie. U get idiots playin any crap so it's not a bot.
As for the top sites i doubts there will b bots as this will ruin their image. Dont think they want that since FT and pokerstars are battling out to become the best ATM IMO.
As for the small sites im not too sure about bots but mayb they are easy to beat? Im sur eu can figure there betting patterns out.
Here you are right!
Yesterday to me two ases come, the player before me, out of a position, exposes all in... He had a big working stek... And it in any way did not steal blinds they were insignificant. I am final call, it opens 89о and showdown catches straight!
Bots!bots!
Everywhere bots!
325275.gif

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably couldn't tell a bot from a tight/controlled-agression player. Some people play pretty much like bots. And those who multitable a lot of tables would likely be only playing premium cards in position, as they would have no time to evaluate the other players. I like playing them -- they don't get tricky.

The main sites deal with bots (i.e. players who use bots) very harshly -- confiscating their accounts, banning them, etc.

I know of at least one major player who had to prove to them that he didn't use a bot, that he could personally multitable 20+ tables at once.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they do,I'm one.They also made me to post stupid messages when I'm not robbing people at micro stakes."WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME"

Lmfao, this didn't get the love it deserved.

Yeah they're probably are bots on low stakes tables and with rakeback and bonus' they probably do make a lil bit of money, but if you are any good at all you can see the bot and play it accordingly. Once you figure out how the play they are pretty easy to beat. Preferable over a real player tbh. A mid-level skill in poker is the understanding and implementing of ranges, once you figure out a bots then its free monies time. I doubt theres one out there that can adjust yet.

The only bot i'm worried about is sky net.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmfao, this didn't get the love it deserved.

Yeah they're probably are bots on low stakes tables and with rakeback and bonus' they probably do make a lil bit of money, but if you are any good at all you can see the bot and play it accordingly. Once you figure out how the play they are pretty easy to beat. Preferable over a real player tbh. A mid-level skill in poker is the understanding and implementing of ranges, once you figure out a bots then its free monies time. I doubt theres one out there that can adjust yet.

The only bot i'm worried about is sky net.

Lol at skynet :)

jakattack

jakattack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive won a few tourneys....does that mean that you beat bots...is it real????

Or just the bots a good home pros while using help with software?

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bots are pretty easy to spot, I always check usernames when I join a table to see how many tables they are playing at one time. last night bot was playing 17 tables at once

thats not proof of bots, I have been known to play 20 tables at once on low stakes before and can assure you it was me and not a bot playing.

I have heard of some individuals playing 40 tables with touch screen technology that is probably a rumor though.

Many online players play up to 20 tables at once. this does not prove bots.

E

erinh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bots are pretty easy to spot, I always check usernames when I join a table to see how many tables they are playing at one time. last night bot was playing 17 tables at once

When we run into bots, should we report them?

I just learned about bots yesterday in a Wired article, and they seem pretty sinister. How big of a threat are they? It seems to me that if, as the creator of one bot program would have, everyone played with bots, then the game would disappear because there aren't varying skill levels or styles of play and money wouldn't really go anywhere.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we run into bots, should we report them?

I just learned about bots yesterday in a Wired article, and they seem pretty sinister. How big of a threat are they? It seems to me that if, as the creator of one bot program would have, everyone played with bots, then the game would disappear because there aren't varying skill levels or styles of play and money wouldn't really go anywhere.

Even if this where so (which will never be so), dont you think bot programmers will adapt to this? They will design different bots with different playing styles....