staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How much time exactly do you need to fully recover from total losses and bad luck?

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
To me there's no such thing as a total loss, because, at the moment I am only playing freerolls. But there are losing streaks that tend to go on forever... Usually I start every day with a fresh mindset... And once the game is over I do not think about poker anymore for that day. It helps me get through bad stints a lot easier.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think recovery after failure becomes invisible after a few years of playing poker all the time.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How much time exactly do you need to fully recover from total losses and bad luck?
Never been in that situation, With a proper bankroll Strategy this cannot happen, as you should always have something in reserve to fall back on, Poker is much more than Winning money and if you are betting your shirt on a game, you really should not be playing it.
Playing with Scared Money! Money you cannot afford to lose is always a bad Idea, as the thought in the back of your mind that you cannot afford to lose that game will always be present.
I was talking to a Friend about On-line Poker and he admitted that he lost over $100 in one night and hated the On-line site, I told him I had over $150 in my Account and he said "Wow, I would play 3 X $50 games" and I replied "Yes! and lose the lot in one night, No Thanks!"
Bankroll Management Works!

F

fabiokvd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly how much time do you need to fully recover from total losses and bad luck?
Poker requires technique, focus, and study. But in my opinion, the most important part is the emotional one. Knowing how to control your emotions is a guarantee of evolution.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the losses, the bigger the loss, the longer the break, I sometimes take a week off from poker.:)

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Really as others above said depends. Personally never been in that situation thankfully. So if you mean bankroll completely busted to 0 idk. How ever I have had losing streaks and like everyone else have tilted off money. I've also had times where I've taken breaks sometimes for couple days, few weeks too 4-5 months. For future RE I can tell when I know it's time for me too take a small break of at least 3-10 days. If I've been losing for a bit. When I wake and just don't feel confident or am still thinking and focused on my last losing session(s). 15+ years experience has taught me to pay attention to my instincts/gut when it comes too this.

Taking a break from playing doesn't mean a break from reviewing HH's and studying. At least not for me.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every time I perceive defeats as a new opportunity to learn from mistakes. Each of my defeats improves my skills and increases my experience. Therefore, I accept defeat as an integral part of this wonderful game. That is, I do not need long breaks.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I think that when Luck is bad, you shouldn't fight with it .
Take a break from the return machetes with a new spirit and a new soul .

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
variance can hit you at any time, the important thing is to stay mentally balanced, and if you feel you can't handle it you have to stop and give yourself some time to disconnect from poker and start again, you can study your hands as well.