Poker questions

koop82

koop82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had only one royal-flush, on the GoPlay Poker in MTT, and they gave me 20 euros for it ! :adore:
And twice in a row came rocKets , also in the MTT :icon_quee

Last edited:
brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One royal in a live tournament. Two that I can remember online. Didn't make money on any of them.

bd

Attachments

• nice flop.jpg
    nice flop.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 60
A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've hit more than 1 Royal but can distinctly remember not getting paid off with them. Pretty sure all have been in freerolls.

AA I've gotten many times twice in a row, probably no more than that. However, I've seen AA on multiple tables at the same time multiple times. Even across multiple rooms.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you need to use both hole cards to have a 'true' royal flush or are you satisfied only using one?

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A royal is a royal. It is impossible for two people to have a royal flush so I guess just using one hole card will suffice. It is consciously not as impressive (strange how the mind works that way) but still it's an unbeatable hand :) so in conclusion one hole will do :D

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was very illuminating. Explains a bunch. Thank you.

Wow that is horrible. What I have noticed rather a lot is that a flop of 2-7-7 or 2-2-7 comes or some variation of that. First time it happened I took a screen shot and labelled it, you wish you played your 27o now.

youwishyouplayedyour27o.png

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Not at all. Actually not even really relevant to your post. You revealed your on screen poker stars name so I was able to get some answers to questions asked in your other thread that help me to understand.

But as far as the picture you should have put the cursor over your icon to reveal 72 and then you could title it "Post Pre-Flop Regrets" or "ATC" or something and then sell posters.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces two times in a row and three Royals.

The royals are sweet.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was indeed talking about Holdem :D

So what did you learn from looking at my profile? Like how much I've lost after yesterdays Top set over Runner set antics. Yesterday was a joke of bad beats.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
On the weekend I had AA at the same time on two of my MTT tables. (I also got Quads for the 40th time since July 2010)

I was thinking about something stated on this thread, "It's not possible for two players to both have a RoyalFlush at the same time" (in NLHE). And it got me to thinking.... "yes it's possible!" (if both players are playing the board, lol)

D

dudesenior

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
guess i've had about 5 Royals in the past 3 years
one of them this year, diamonds.
AA twice in a row i'm not sure but not more than 4
most often 2 pairs, 3 of a kind and full house.
i've noticed that if more than 4 players play at a table, more interesting hands will show up

ruth99

ruth99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WEll...I have had one Royal flush and a few straight flushes over the years. They are few and far between for anyone.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First time I ever played live I hit a Royal but only held one card so missed out on the $14K high hand jackpot. :(

I've played online for about 3 years or so now, and had never hit a royal online until in a CC league game a couple weeks ago on 2/28. Then tonight I hit another on Lock Poker. Funny thing about this one is I flopped the nut flush and floated the flop to shove the turn, and didn't even realize I had the Royal with the Kc on the river until I reviewed the hand a few minutes later. :)

So two Royals within 2.5 weeks online after a 3 year draught, lol.

cc_league36_royal_2011-02-28.png

LockPokerRoyal_2011-03-18.png

B

BM0529

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One royal and I went runner runner to hit it heads up for a 55$ pot...thank goodness I bet 15$ on the river and not 10$, otherwise I would not have been eligible to win the 1,000$ jackpot they had for a royal which required the pot to be 50$ and also reach a showdown....I have flopped 3 other straight flushes and folded 2 other hands pre-flop that would have flopped a straight flush. Had AA back to back once and openly said "I have Aces again" when I raised the 2nd time...player to my left stalled forever and then says "I don't believe you" and shoves for 340 something all-in...I knew he probably had either the other two aces or kings based on his attempted acting job...sure enough he flipped over KK when I called...Ace on the flop and it was pretty much over though he did pick up a gutshot on the turn when a Jack joined the Ace and 10 which had flopped.

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q1: I dont know, stopped taking screenshots and counting after the 5th, and that was after about a year of online play.
Q2: AA twice in row..., but once had 3 tables with KK next to each other, lol

GL

aC

T

tonyp336699

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never had a royal flush in online poker. I did, however, have a straight flush 4 or 5 times. As for AA, I got dealt the hand 3x in a row playing online once.