poker punks

R

rzrbck1968

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it looks as though most poker players these days are young punks who like to play just to get to the next game. more times than i can count have went allin with pcktpr or a with high kicker and get called by some poker punk with 7-8 or similiar crap and hit str8 ,trps, or even quads. just hard to find a good site to play at that is not overrun with these kind of players.

H

hbkmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be happy :)

You went in with the better hand over time that will make a good profit for you.

U

Ultrazord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be happy to get called by 7-8 with kings. I'd love to always be 78% pre-flop.

liv3player

liv3player

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed

I used to get steamed by plays like this,until I realized I will take those calls/beats all day long.If they feel like calling my allin with nothing thats great.However the thing I find most irritating is when u have say 8k in chips and get a monster hand like A's or K's and a semi-short stack moves in for around 2k u call and they show something like J 10 and win somehow.I always think that ruins my card flow.I am a big believer that losing one decent sized pot can throw your whole session off.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What levels are you playing at?

In the micro to low-stakes and freeroll games, this kind of play is pretty common b/c there's no financial penalty for playing bad cards. As you increase the stakes you play, you also increase the financial pain for those that are willing to play garbage hands, so you will see less of them. When there is no pain (money lost) for playing like an idiot, then there will be tons of players with a "why not?" attitude towards the games.

(Notice I did not say you won't see any of them, because they will still be out there, just in a lot smaller numbers at the higher stakes.)

S

Shafan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a matter of fact, I like to play 7-8's or small cards. Not all in of course, but I play those hands depends on my chip stack vs the other player stack, or how much players are in the pot, or the place i'm at (button, small blind etc.), and most important the other player that makes the move (bluffs a lot, plays tight etc.).

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the 5k buy-in 25-50 games. If there's not a game running, pretty sure the instant you sit down the table will fill up. Then you don't have to worry about donks and you'll make a fortune.

C

cardsharkrob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These people who do move all in, not just limited to young kids, there bunch of older card players who do that too. I am soo tired of people just making it a sterotype that its just young kids all because of players like Scott Fisher and his friends who did that on the wsop when they first started out and won.

Even when I call and lose say 2k with a big stack, it doesnt ruin my session because I know thats how the cards go and I dont go on tilt. People should learn patience.

Sorry for the rant and this is not directed towards anyone.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it looks as though most poker players these days are young punks who like to play just to get to the next game. more times than i can count have went allin with pcktpr or a with high kicker and get called by some poker punk with 7-8 or similiar crap and hit str8 ,trps, or even quads. just hard to find a good site to play at that is not overrun with these kind of players.
Bring them on :D, i like them.... Wait for a hand and make them pay:D:D:joyman:

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
All in punks (All in cause I can)
Bingo Players (J 3 Yesssssssss Bingo)
Chip Donks (Donk Donk Donk)
Birthday Players (my birthday is Feb 7th)
OMG I have two cards Players (these two look pretty)
Lotto Players (I play my lucky numbers All in all the time)

Nothing wrong with this type of play.
icon14.gif

Encourage it.
icon14.gif

Tell them how good they play.
icon14.gif

When the timing is right.
Call there All in.
And take advantage of there poor play.

EZ money

:D :D :D

Good Luck and much patience ........

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Punks sounds a pretty cool crew to start.

Anyway...read what AG posted.
/poker punk.

P

PokerKnave

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes like a gang I want to join, Poker Punks on Acid - coooool!

begley01

begley01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These bad beats don't bother me unless I'm 6 hours into a tournament and some crazy play knocks me out. Cash games it isn't really that much of an issue.

K

kittykatt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate those donk plays and they always stay with you ...they always seem to play over and over in your mind more so than the good hands you've had...i just stay calm and wait to take it all back and then some

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about the young poker punks just trying to get to the next game thing cause that really doesnt make a whole lot of sense if you think about it, but I definately understand where you're coming from when being called with rediculous crap with a nice over. The last two days I have flopped 2 straights and one flush and both times some rocket man decides to bluff and make a huge raise or shove all in with crap only to hit runner runners for a stinking boat. Very frustrating but its how well you take these kinda losses that makes you a good/ bad poker player. The first two kinda ticked me off but on the third one I just sighd and said typical.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read Mike Caro's book, The Theory of Poker, Pages 17 through 24. This will help you greatly in these situations.