Chips
I look every time I am at the tables to make money as it was a part time job

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the poker is profitable and addictive but that can only be addictive depending on your game

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is beneficially addictive ahahaha

S

Selected91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you make a profit by playing poker, or is it actually an addiction that brings you more harm than profit?
Not at all! :p Just losing money. But I still love the game

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As it seems right now, poker becomes my addiction. I really need to play something every day, even, if this is freeroll game, that,s ok. For sure, i can,t play poker for more than 5 hours a day, but looks like right now i need to play something every day.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it's the gambling aspect of it that makes this question interesting but if you think about it, any professional sports player needs to be obsessed/addicted with their craft & practice several times a week to be the best in their field so the wording may be the issue here but I don't see anything wrong with being addicted to "learning" about poker, as you can get better & as a result be profitable, rather than just being addicted to "playing" poker! Cheers & GL!

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is still not profitable but every day I'm getting better and I hope one day poker for me will be profitable

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not play if it wasn't profitable.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game that can be very profitable but it does have some addictive aspects. I've been playing almost every day lately but with little profit, so I guess for me right now it's more addictive than profitable. ..lol :cool:

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guy, it depends on your point of view, if you think it hurts you and only loses money, get out, try to treat and control your emotions and also study more about poker so you dont end up losing forever

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My friends and I usually get together on Saturday after work and hang out and have a drink or two at one of our homes but this particular Saturday only a few of us made it. After an hour or so of drinks and jokes myself and another friend started to have a 'poker Jones' and needed to play. After a little convincing, our other friends agreed to play. Halfway through the game and with only a few players on the table we all laughed because we realized how we all know 'needed' to play and this made me think about the question about poker being addictive or not and I think I'll say yes to a degree but in a fun way. :D

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be profitable is my goal) And Poker is just the way to spend time in a good way

S

Santistakill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker can be lucrative and addictive, to become profitable and much study and dedication!

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find online poker extremely addictive, at present not profitable at all. Would love to hear from someone here that has built a health bankroll and how much they make in a month !!!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple answer - for some people it is profitabe and for some it is addictive. If you treat poker as pure gambling and believe that cards do not matter and everything is luck - well it will be gambling for you and it can easily become addictive. If you take your time to learn about the game and try to play it right it can even become profitable at some point but in anyway if you treat it this way it is not too likely to become addictive.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything one enjoys can be addictive. Fact that there is profit, could lend a hand to the addiction. Played way to many hours when I first started. It was new and I wanted to improve. It did become some what addictive. Was making money and that did fuel my desire to play more. It has become less consuming when Black Friday hit.

Still enjoy playing but my time is very little these days. There are still some good sites out there and plenty of games. Slowly finding my way back to the tables.