Poker Pro on trial for parents murder.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unbelievable
I don't get how people can do this to their own parents.
ffs shooting them would have been more humane.

seuatx

seuatx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what an azzzz

he did this to get their home? what? what a complete moron

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is just plain terrible. I can't even fathom that someone could do that.

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a real sadistic thing to do(if he did it) to his own parents. If he is guilty he deserves the death penalty, if there is in CA. Just more bad rep for poker players.

I

Igeso

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get it... How can you kill people , because of who, you exist? This is sick...

E

eddy2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats really sad, I wonder why he killed them... I don't think the core of this murder would be to gain there wealth as this person may already be rich as hes a pro-poker player... or maybe it wasnt him

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
holy fish sticks! He looks like one crazy ass mofo. I'd bang him up in jail jus for lookin like that.

A

Aqqachar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just sick. How can anybody kill his own parents??
This guy should be hanged as an example...

B

bertschejv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't believe how crazy that is. really messed up!

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Killing your parents is one thing. I hope he gets the lethal injection (oh wait we are in California, I'm sure Jane Fonda, Alan Alda, Mike Farrell and the rest of the Hollywood idiots will start making excuses for him....)

But....why do they have to mention he is a poker pro? Is the press making the implicit assumption that being a professional card player played a role in why he killed his parents? What if he was the milkman? Would the headlines read "Milkman kills parents"

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because they are sad sheep thats why and its "not normal" to be a proker pro and its an easy way to verbally attack him.

That or, they were just trying to be more descriptive:confused:

But....why do they have to mention he is a poker pro? Is the press making the implicit assumption that being a professional card player played a role in why he killed his parents? What if he was the milkman? Would the headlines read "Milkman kills parents"

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a real sadistic thing to do(if he did it) to his own parents. If he is guilty he deserves the death penalty, if there is in CA. Just more bad rep for poker players.

The whole eye for an eye thing, im not feeling it. Why do you think a lot of American states do not use the death penalty anymore? BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK. Furthermore a person suffers a lot more by being in jail the rest of his live, the death penalty is the easy way out.

Tiloke

Tiloke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
California has thousands of death row inmates with a dozen more joining them every month. California actually only executes someone once about every 2 years with the last one being almost 4 years ago, he will not be put to death due to Cali's extreme political climate.

Also, why is everyone rushing to judgement? That story had 10 lines of text, if that. The only thing that paper said was he was arrested and nobody knew why he lived in vegas(duuuh, poker player). Not only that he was a WINNING poker player making about $70,000 just in tournies a year playing the game.
"The more we looked into it, the more we could not eliminate him." is not a reason to freaking arrest someone for murder. It sounds like the police were getting desperate for an arrest after over a year sucking on their thumbs .

I seriously doubt he will be convicted

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
California has thousands of death row inmates with a dozen more joining them every month. California actually only executes someone once about every 2 years with the last one being almost 4 years ago, he will not be put to death due to Cali's extreme political climate.

Also, why is everyone rushing to judgement? That story had 10 lines of text, if that. The only thing that paper said was he was arrested and nobody knew why he lived in vegas(duuuh, poker player). Not only that he was a WINNING poker player making about $70,000 just in tournies a year playing the game.
"The more we looked into it, the more we could not eliminate him." is not a reason to freaking arrest someone for murder. It sounds like the police were getting desperate for an arrest after over a year sucking on their thumbs .

I seriously doubt he will be convicted

Well it is a little more than a coincidence imo he is set to inherit alot of dough in the event of his parents death if they pass before he turns 30 and he was what 29 when this "random act of violence" occurred.

On a side not I fully support the death penalty if there is no question of guilt. Yes life in prison sucks but so does paying for them with our tax dollars which could be spent to help alot of others who truly need it.

Tiloke

Tiloke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it is a little more than a coincidence imo he is set to inherit alot of dough in the event of his parents death if they pass before he turns 30 and he was what 29 when this "random act of violence" occurred.

That is called "circumstantial evidence" and can NOT be used to convict a person unless it is forensic (for some reason, forensic evidence is classified as circumstantial). It is entirely possible it is a coincidence. I would not automatically assume he killed them. Maybe the parents decided to hire someone to ensure their kids get said money before the time limit was up? It definatly would not be the first time someone did that.

On a side not I fully support the death penalty if there is no question of guilt. Yes life in prison sucks but so does paying for them with our tax dollars which could be spent to help alot of others who truly need it.
Agreed 100%. In fact I think it should be expanded to include those with zero chance of ever stepping foot outside of prison again.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well then I am sure they woulda been shot, not brutally murdered.
And no offense but that is a ridiculous theory, I have never heard of such a thing.

itlegacy

itlegacy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first article posted quoted an acquaintance as saying this pro was "highly intelligent." Obviously not!! How very sad for the family.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How about what you see on the news on TV.... do you also take this for fact?

Who knows why one beats & kills one's own parents?? Just because the victims were parents of the alleged accused, does this render them white as snow? Who knows, maybe they raped & beat him throughout his youth, locked in him in the basement, starved him, physically/mentally/& emotionally abused him. I don't know... we don't know. Maybe you'd be jumping to the conclusion of hanging his parents as well if you knew what it was like to live in his shoes?

As far as the death penalty goes & turning this into a political & ethics debate...... let's just say I'm glad I live in a country like canada (<< we rock!). Death Penalty is inhumane & barbaric. I could only ever see condoning it in the most extreme of circumstances (ie. a person who was a child rapist/murderer, mass-muderer, predator, etc. <<< beyond recovery).

As far as the news depicting the accused as a 'pro poker player' (as opposed to say a milkman).... news is what people want to hear obv. If it attracts the public's attention (and very often if it is something brutal)... sick people want to hear about it. If this guy jumped out in front of a speeding car to save a poodle that day do you think they'd cover it? (maybe if he died gruesomely in the process).

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg this just gets better....

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts