Is the poker player with the most profit really the best?

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theis alot of dispute in poker world between pro players, some of them think that they are the greatest or №1.(some one like Phil Hellmuth) but how to figure it out? sometimes the do battle in cash games,tournaments and heads up matches but still no one knows who is the №1.. the one who can beat everyone in the world in long term game.. in that case, can be the result of all time money win be the index of №1 player,? what you think ?

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. In tournaments luck is a huge factor of who profits the most but for cash games its a different story

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No. In tournaments luck is a huge factor of who profits the most but for cash games its a different story
Even in cash games profit wouldn't tell you who is the best. The most money to be made are probably some of the softest games out there.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is really no way to tell who is the best or not. We could probably argue and agree to many players who are amongst the best but would never be able to agree on them all. Money does not tell it all either. If I were to go out and win the wsop main event and win the same amount as last years winner won I would jump to 147th on the all time money list. I am closer to the 147th worst player all time but one win would not make me on of the top 147 of all time.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's all completely subjective, everyone has their own criteria, you can of course be equal to the opinion of some pro here, but in any case, you will call any player the best based on your preferences

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whoever makes the most money isn't a sole indicator of the "best" but it is a clue. Making a huge profit long-term simply displays they are a "winning player" and most likely doing many things correctly. However, making the most money can also be inflated with good table selection and playing within your bankroll.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best at game selection for sure. You don't have to beat everyone.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
someone participates in 20 tournaments in a year, someone in 5, money can be earned not only with a quality game, but also in quantity, maybe this is one of the indicators, I think there is no answer to this question, it's a matter of taste who is sick or considered the strongest, there is no formula to give an unambiguous answer