Which poker player do you think has been the most influential?

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I talk about more influential, it is in general, influential for attracting more people to the world of poker, for being the most charismatic and that encourages confidence, for teaching the game etc ... For me, Daniel Negreanu is such an excellent and charismatic player for He started in the world of poker. The best of all in my personal opinion

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well you ask who has been the most influential and there is a very strong argument to be made that it was Chris Moneymaker - even if the entire episode was something of a fluke (which added to the overall effect).

Moneymaker was at the epicenter of events which unquestionably sparked the biggest boom in poker history when he won the world series.

Overnight, millions who played poker casually could envision winning a fortune and poker and the online game literally exploded after Moneymaker's win.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
There are a lot of such players. Of course, Daniel is also among them. My favorite player is Liv Boeree and obviously she is also quite an influential player.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
from my point of view the most influential and best known poker player is Daniel Negreanu, I think he has influenced the most and opened up the poker world a lot :)

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
David Peat (Viffer)

Well, when this guy is playing, does not matter what I´m doing, I stop to see, a lot of unorthodoxy movements on the table, often putting the opponents in hard spots.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you ask who has been the most influential and there is a very strong argument to be made that it was Chris Moneymaker - even if the entire episode was something of a fluke (which added to the overall effect).

Moneymaker was at the epicenter of events which unquestionably sparked the biggest boom in poker history when he won the world series.

Overnight, millions who played poker casually could envision winning a fortune and poker and the online game literally exploded after Moneymaker's win.

I think I'd have to agree with you.

The amount of buzz he created around the game without a doubt turned poker into the game it is today, if I remember correctly he even won a satellite to get in.

And I mean lets be realistic, with a name like Moneymaker winning the biggest poker tournament in the world, how are you not going to set off a poker boom!!

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pil ivey and daniel negreanu

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and Chris Moneymaker, as others have stated, for very different reasons. Before the Poker Boom, I would say Doyle Brunson was a huge influencer.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello everyone

I think Daniel and Phil have gone beyond the professional stage, yes there are other professional players past and present, but these two have proven their absolute professionalism in recent years that they are really commendable.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Like you guys said, Daniel Negreanu has been very influential for me with his behaviour and the passion he has for Poker. But there are a lot of other guys I watched and made me play and watch Poker. But I think, though I did not watch him directly, it all has started with Chris Moneymaker.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For online players it's has to be Moneymaker. I know this opinion has been heard over and over. The man really did open a lot of eyes in the poker world.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There are a lot of influential players now and that's a fact. But I think at the moment, the most influential players are Daniel Negreanu and Chris Moneymaker.
Good luck.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Daniel Nigrianu is the most influential player since he opened the door to poker for many! He influenced the game of many other players, and I think many of today's new poker stars have followed his example! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

G

gud1ni99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we talk about drawing attention to poker, then without a doubt Moneymaker :)
But I would also like to remember Doyle Brunson, one of the legends ...

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do believe that Daniel is the player with all those aspects as well as being a great player of the best in history. Hopefully poker continues to grow and be named as a sport.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Hellmuth and Dneg, most influential for me

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Daniel Negrean too. A very curious player ..

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider Chris Ferguson to be such a player. Especially its promotion from $ 0 to $ 10,000.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Barry Greenstein, "The Robinhood of Poker."

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts