Is poker passion or addiction to gambling?

Aziza

Aziza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
покер - это страсть и расслабление

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game that can be addictive at times. Sometimes when you play poker the time zips by and it doesn't feel like a long time.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be addicting in the case of you either winning or losing money in a cash game. I feel cash games can be very dangerous to lose your bankroll.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have preset limits before I start. A few times I have gone over for a day. I have never gone over for a week.

For poker, I prefer tournaments because there is a set fee at the start. Cash games can get expensive if you hit a bad streak.

The money comes from my entertainment budget. Other non poker gambling also comes out of this same budget. Maintaining control is key.

DPo320

DPo320

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely both, and it's often hard to see the line.

Like with many addictions, it's hard to admit for most that they have a problem.

Best to set limits in order to minimize damage.

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good when there is a person nearby who will pull the power cord of the computer or monitor from the outlet)))

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little bit of this and a little bit of that. ;-)

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I come to the conclusion that poker is the same gambling addiction, only less expensive.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will depend on each one, for me poker is a passion, I can spend more than 10 hours playing and that does not mean that the game is an addiction, we must differentiate that, for me I think it becomes addictive when you leave aside other things also important, for the game, but if you know how to structure your time well poker will remain for you your passion as in any field of knowledge.

L

lizzie95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me its passion playing poker because im trilled when im playing..

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your bankroll and how much you lose. You can have an extremely small bankroll and still play every day at micro stakes. When you start playing uncontrollably that’s when it becomes an addiction.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah when all you do is play poker you tend too not enjoy it as much as if you played just here n there

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it begins to affect your compulsory activities, it could be considered an addition, if you do it in your spare time or days there is no problem, since it does not affect your activities.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be whatever you want, it can be bad and dangerous and costly or it could be fun and enjoyable, so its all how you treat it and when it stops being fun, its time to take a break and chillax. Good luck and remember to have fun.:D

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
just a hobby for me trying to win some $

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, poker is an interesting game where you can earn some money without passion ...

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the two should exist at the same time, poker passion or addiction to gambling, 50% of each other

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a passion, a game - calculation, logic, emotions, and not a game of chance, in which you can play and not think about whether it will arrive or not. Poker is a poem that you can read and re-read all the time and still not get bored.

aguwind

aguwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's passion too. Poker it's like business.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, It has happened to me that I play for hours and I can't stop playing.

L

luckyrnmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends if you continue play in tilt.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker can often be based on your initial motivation, some do it for fun, some to seriously grind and win, some to just develop their skills and while away time whilst being part of a community, some because it is an addiction -recognising your drivers for playing poker is key and often represents the satisfaction or sometimes the feelings of tilt when you play the game.
Its not always easy to feel the fun sometimes when you are playing at a higher level and playing for a serious amount of money...

tihomalko

tihomalko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suppose it could be considered both

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say if it causes problems in other areas of your life, then it's a problem.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling