Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Tips or tricks to be a good poker player? I read everyone's opinions.
I share my ideas: From my point of view, a player has to have attitude, concentration, a blank mind, etc. One of the most important for me is patience in any situation, being calm. I would like to know what you think, I want to learn!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I share my ideas: From my point of view, a player has to have attitude, concentration, a blank mind, etc. One of the most important for me is patience in any situation, being calm. I would like to know what you think, I want to learn!
hi gian
First of all, welcome, I hope you get used to the rules of the Cardschat family.
Regarding your question, I always say that patience and discipline for me are the basic rules to play poker.
In the MTT be very attentive to your moments. In general, those good moments must be taken advantage of.
Knowing how to fold for me is another basic rule. Many times you are tempted by low or middle pairs to call an allin, often without analyzing your opponent's range, which leads you to just call a lucky hand.
For me monster hands are not hands to always go allin, although there are many players who do it, at least I don't do it, although I admit that years ago I used to do it but in truth it didn't go well for me playing like that.
And well the discipline more than anything is for the game at the table, and especially to build your bankroll. A clear example that has happened to all of us is to win an MTT and immediately go to the cash tables, which for me is a big mistake. Because in truth the cash tables are almost always a great lottery, and you also have great players who specialize in playing cash.
For me it is preferable to slowly build your own bankroll.
That's all my friend, cheers.
Carlos:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello Gian
First of all, welcome, I hope you get used to the Cardschat family rules.
Regarding your question, I always say that patience and discipline for me are the basic rules for playing poker.
At the MTT, be very attentive to your moments. In general, those good times must be taken advantage of.
Knowing how to fold for me is another basic rule. Often times, low or medium pairs tempt you to match an allin, often without analyzing your opponent's rank, leading you to simply equalize a lucky hand.
For me, monster hands are not hands to always go there, although there are many players who do it, at least I don't, although I admit that I did it years ago but the truth is that it didn't work out for me playing like that.
Well, discipline is mostly for playing at the table, and above all for building your bankroll. A clear example that has happened to all of us is winning an MTT and immediately going to the cash tables, which for me is a big mistake. Because in truth, cash tables are almost always a big lottery, and you also have great players who specialize in playing cash.
For me it's better to slowly build your own bankroll.
That's all my friend, greetings.
Carlos:):)
Thank you Carlos! Little by Little I am getting used to this community, I really like it a lot, good people!

Your opinion helped me a lot:D

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
That's right, the main thing is patience and a free head without any thought, and you should add to your list this delicious food and drink that will help you stay in good shape during a long game of poker and keep you strong during a long game of poker and in a good mood

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Patience is really important and so is a short memory for certain instances. You take a bad beat or something, you have to be able to forget it and move on to the next hand.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“Blank mind”, “ free head without any thought”, “short memory” - great attributes to have when trying to get to sleep after the big game.

Patience is really important and so is a short memory for certain instances. You take a bad beat or something, you have to be able to forget it and move on to the next hand.

That specific instance - yes, okay, maybe. But the rest of the time a great memory and a very active mind are essential. Don’t forget your mistakes - learn from them and adapt.

Last edited:
takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're talking about tournament poker patience is the main key for climbing the ladder. Picking your spots and try not to play out of position w/weak hands is another key to advancing. Try not to mess w/bigger stax unless you've got a really good starting hand like AA, KK, QQ, etc. Don't be afraid to fold a nice hand after the flop if you feel beat. And last but not least don't do anything stupid.
Ring-games are a slightly different beast but it's about the same. Maybe a little more gamble involved but once you've doubled or tripled your stack you can leave. GL man.

thebigjhow

thebigjhow

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly. Patience, concentration and dedication are strong pillars, not to say main ones. With these three, without a doubt, great results are achieved. Not just in poker, but essentials for everyday life as a whole.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Tips or tricks to become a good poker player? I read everyone's opinions.
I share my thoughts: From my point of view, a player should have a mood, concentration, a clear mind, etc. One of the most important things for me is patience in any situation and peace of mind. I would love to know what you think I want to study!
The most important thing is discipline and focus.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Congrats on the attitude.

The first point is wanting to learn.

Apart from the points you mentioned, seek self-analysis, and see and correct your mistakes.

Find out why you lost and fix it.

This will be a good start.

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
* Make your raises equal no matter the hand you been dealt (premium hands only)
* 3 bet if needed
* Avoid moving all in preflop (super fish move)
* If you are new to the game, NEVER limp a premium hand
* Manage you emotional stability
* Learn basic poker math
* Tighten your ranges of hands
* Don’t forget to bluff
* Be positive no matter what
* Respect your opponents
* Don’t give up
Good luck!

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
* Make your raises equal no matter the hand you been dealt (premium hands only)
The higher level is to have 3 betting levels and mix them on random.
* Avoid moving all in preflop (super fish move)
Today I had 1 mini raise from biggest stack on the table, second in the command called this, there was already around 30% of my stack in the pot, so I made reraise to all in with pocket Aces.
And this one short stacked dude, who called my all in and lost it, showed me ...
* Respect your opponents
... a very nice emoji after that.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
A good table awareness example know the tight players and the aggressive players and try to take advantage of their tendency’s.don’t be afraid 😱 to bluff when the situation arises.and most important bankroll management.good luck 🍀 have fun 🤩.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You have to enter the game without much thought, you have to have the desire to play to feel good in your soul, this is where the winnings will come.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most important things are: patience and discipline. Patience to wait the best time to act and discipline to always follow a bankroll management.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bankroll management , and study consistently the game , these are the best things abpoker player has to keep in mind , these will help him a lot in his games , live or online . Of course easy to say in words , hard to accomplish in the action .

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Everything that has already been written before me. One more thing: don't get excited about any hand. The worst thing you can do is to get excited at the start of a hand (e.g. premium cards).
In this case you are almost certain to fail.