Poker online vs poker live

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In an online game, the pace of the game is faster, there is less information about the opponent online, the game develops faster online, and new tactics and techniques appear.

The offline game is a bit tighter, there may be tellsys for players, more time to make a decision, and I think a lot less big banks are being played.:)

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel in person is more fun, but much less convenient, plus you don’t want to go somewhere set up by sharks. I would love a trip to Atlantic City or Mohegan Sun, but it will have to wait.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would think that live would be more difficult, online the vast majority use support software and this is something that facilitates the development in decision making

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Offline poker is much easier than online

Dale Kirk

Dale Kirk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a person would do much better live cause the whole table rarely goes in every hand plus you can read your apponets

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree both of thems have their plus and minus
good points. In person feeling the intensity
of the player detecting his transpiration
because he or she has a GOOD hand lolll.
I remember first time I had a begin with AA
wondering if I should bluff or go right ALL-IN
at start but sensing my hair getting arrose
on my arms lolll. Ok go all in and being
call with 66. The flop 6, 7, A, turn 5
river A. shazam .

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at them as two different games. My style of play is much different online compared to live. I'm a lot more comfortable live and prefer live over online, but I don't even compare the two. I think if you're playing online tournaments would probably be better to play than cash.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online may be harder just because the variance of the random card generator is not real like a live deck, hence why you witness so much bullshit.

F

Frank7Chipman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online Software

I totally agree with this comment. online poker combines skill with software, so that players with the best software have an unreasonable advantage. Live poker is the way that it should be played, with more more strategy and psychology involved.

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel in person is more fun, but much less convenient, plus you don’t want to go somewhere set up by sharks. I would love a trip to Atlantic City or Mohegan Sun, but it will have to wait.

Where/what is Mohegan Sun?

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather play with people than algorithms

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With similar stakes (let's say 50$ for tournament entry) live poker is MUCH easier. I'd say that 50$ live poker tournament would be similar to around 1$ MTT online in gameplay difficulty level.

I've played few places live. I was quite successful for example in Malta and my impression was tham most people play mostly for fun. They switch between poker, roulette etc., they just have bankroll to spend and if they by chance win, they are happy, but they don't care that much. Live poker is more or less a matter of spending time during holidays etc.

Online people play only to win. Of course a lot of them still has rather low skill, but they are much more focused on that goal.

Organize a Home Poker Game