Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looks like you have things well in hand. I'll watch with interest how things go! All the best to you!

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks so much for a great post! Answers are below:

1) my current bankroll is 25k
2) late 30s, I was always making the same or more playing poker than at my regular job. Realized it was time to go full time.
3) wife and kid, have a nice savings account to withold periods of cold streaks.
4)USA
5)have my own ira/sep that i have been contributing to for many years.

Much more specific answers than I was expecting. Didn't mean to pry into your personal life. Sorry about that. Having said that, you seem to be in the right place in your life to make this career changing move. I wish you all the best on the felt and in your personal life.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish you the best of success. It sounds like you have met your own standards by which to turn pro. Continue to listen to your inner voice and put family first in your decisions. This would be my humble advice to you.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to be able to play poker to make a living.

From what I have read, I would suggest if you are running hot, do not stop at a set amount once you have one. Ride your poker momentum until you cool off at least, and slow down when you're on the opposite end of your variance.

Other than that man if you got the jam to do it all then time, then give'r. If you know the technical/strategic recipe to win, then all you need to do is manage your mental game and you'l be all right.

Best of Luck

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to you, and very best of luck in moving forward in your poker career

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
In the first 3 weeks, I’ve made $1200-$2000 (1/2, 2/5) a week. I try and aim for $300-$500 day. When I meet these daily numbers, I stop for the day

If you wish to be taken seriously can you post some statistical data to back up these "winning days".

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done cha all turns out like I hope it will become your main income.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if you already have been playing poker for a 12 years, all that i can say for you is good luck man! Let us know, if you will have a great win some day.

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congratulations!! I'm less than 1 year old playing poker
I want one day just like you
My style of play is good so I need to fix some minor glitches
I have an interesting bankroll for a beginner.
I believe that in twelve years will be better

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Slowly

All depends on your bankroll, skill, mindset, experience.

ebellari

ebellari

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will open a thread like yours soon, im new in poker but i have that feeling that it will be my full time job too
good luck man

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good luck in this difficult matter and to increase the limit

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats. You chose to be your own boss. I just made this transition myself a few months ago. There's going to be good days and bad days, but just remember that you have something more precious than even money and that's time. You can make a another dollar, but not another minute. Plus no one can tell you what to do, and you don't have to request time off to be in your family's life.

Congrats, would be great to here an update at some point as to how you’re getting on/ any lessons learned etc. Good luck!

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker seems a lot harder than playing live, maybe is that there is to many tight players and grinders. I find it hard to make that much money online. I do wish, can make it sooner than in my 12yr of play.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very cool result! For me, now 300-500 $ a day is very much! I live in Ukraine and now if I earn on poker $ 50-100 a day it would be cool!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Since you only show 6 Post, to be able to say anything, I need to know How old are you? What have you been doing during this 12 years while playing Poker?
How many weeks have you been earning the 1,200 - 2,000 dollars a week? :confused:

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing online poker for 12yrs and have decided to do this full time now. I have pretty much seen it all, cope with bad beats and tilt and adjust accordingly when needed.

In the first 3 weeks, I’ve made $1200-$2000 (1/2, 2/5) a week. I try and aim for $300-$500 day. When I meet these daily numbers, I stop for the day.

I’m writing this to see what everyone’s advice or thoughts are for this experience in my life. Of course with this game, you learn something new every day playing and talking to others. I would love to hear when more players thought or are concerned with in my situation.

Thanks!
Rabbitcam

on what limits do you play? Cash games or tournaments?

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is not easie to play poker professional,you need to cut off emotions and is good when someone can live juste frome poker.......

R

rabbitcam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker seems a lot harder than playing live, maybe is that there is to many tight players and grinders. I find it hard to make that much money online. I do wish, can make it sooner than in my 12yr of play.

i prefer online than live actually. ive come accustomed to players betting amounts in positions. adding player notes help tremendously

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gl... so hard to leave from poker

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i prefer online than live actually. ive come accustomed to players betting amounts in positions. adding player notes help tremendously
So you're making that money 'online' then? (or 'live'...or 'both'. If 'both'.. how much per each, & how often do you play each & where?).

I noticed you wrote that once you've reached a daily goal of $300 to $500 you stop for the day. Why? I'm asking because this is contrary to most of what I've heard & read and am wondering what the reasoning is behind it.

thanks! (PS - I'm still happy to make $20 in a day but it doesn't happen very often anymore)