poker and nerves

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that in our time, nerves can be spoiled on anything. Do you watch a movie or listen to news and do not worry? This is also nerves. So as not to spoil the nerves you need to leave for a deserted island.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it really hurts when your 70% lose! especially me)))

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nerves of course are suffering in the game of poker much psycho man should not play poker I think

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I get excited when I got the nuts and can't wait to reel
them in but also bummed out with a bad beat.
It's a game of ups and downs.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard this from people before, and seen it too and I think that everyone is different, when I was in the service I saw all kinds of people some happy, some not some were bothered or upset by everything...

I think it all comes down to your personality and how you deal with things and stress in general, and that anyone can make these things better to an extent .... regular exercise can go a long way to deal with this imo .... I might also suggest to google some motivational/stress relief/ audios or videos and try using those to see if they help, many people find a benefit in meditation ...

living outside of your means or bankroll can do these things too especially if you depend or should depend on some of that money for bills or other important things ...

In the end I love poker and I really enjoy playing if I win or lose .. that's just life and it happens in every thing ... if I felt poker was ruining my health, mental or physical it would not be something I did...

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe it's true, but i think it depends on person. If u r nervous
u harms ur health, contrariwise it does not affect for ur health)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dad broke a glass mirror with his forehead.... I'm sure that wasn't good for his health!
This was poker related? If so, I hope he quit playing.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely helps to make sure you include some physical activity in your daily routine to help alleviate some of the physical and mental stresses that you encounter in poker, and just life in general. Exercising will help your body process stress hormones and adrenaline that can have some less than desirable affects on your body, and will help you get a good night sleep. I know I find it hard to sleep sometimes after a long poker session, especially if it was an emotional roller coaster of a poker game.

^^ Completely agree.

Having a crap boss and working unrealistic deadlines to fulfill some random target that will be irrelevant in a few months is probably worse if you put in in perspective. But this is an expected norm in the course of one's professional life. Folks still persevere and triumph over adversity if they're able to find that right balance. Friends, family, physical activity, meditation, etc.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
when you are disciplined and you have played for long time ,i think poker cant harm you and really i think nothing cant harm you if you let that happend

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No i dont think so.

Sometimes my hart stops beating and my breath are shallow.
But then we are at the river, and i have either lost or won, and the hart beats again and my breath returns :)

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I is very painful, tolerate losing in poker, and not because they are losing money! Winning is the only thing that matters!!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think poker can not be harmful to health. But honestly, I am very nervous when I lose, sometimes I can not even sleep.