Poker Movies

D

Dameyon88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? How was it "different"?

to me it seemed like a smooth split the 1st time, the cream was even on each side if you look closely & the 2nd time it seemed more rugged or one sided if you will. thats just wat i got from it and thats wat went through my head when I 1st saw it. Also 1st time he eats it with his right hand & 2nd time he eats it with left, maybe thats wat they were trying to catch when making the movie or perhaps both my viewpoint is correct too idk

D

Dameyon88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol my last comment really didnt even make sense if you think about it, disregard that lol

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Grand is worth seeing. I thought it was hilarious. It has a lot of really poker specific jokes. I watched it with a group of friends, a few of which were poker players, and there were parts in it where like only the poker players busted out laughing and everyone else was like, WTF are you laughing at.

Favorite part was when the wheelchair grinder guy says "the problem with online poker is that when a guy sucks out on you on the river, you cannot take the guy into the parking lot and break his f***ing legs."

Otherwise this part
[Jack's dead grandfather appears wearing a heavy fur coat]
One Eyed Jack Faro: Grandpa! Are you . . . are you . . .
'Lucky' Faro: Yeah, Jack.
One Eyed Jack Faro: Are you . . . warm . . . in that coat?
'Lucky' Faro: No! I'm a ghost!
One Eyed Jack Faro: Oh. So . . . because, we didn't bury you in that, I just wonder, did you get to pick your own outfit --
'Lucky' Faro: Jack, I'm not here to give you a ****ing seminar on the hereafter.

D

Dameyon88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Grand is worth seeing. I thought it was hilarious. It has a lot of really poker specific jokes. I watched it with a group of friends, a few of which were poker players, and there were parts in it where like only the poker players busted out laughing and everyone else was like, WTF are you laughing at.

Favorite part was when the wheelchair grinder guy says "the problem with online poker is that when a guy sucks out on you on the river, you cannot take the guy into the parking lot and break his f***ing legs."

Otherwise this part
One Eyed Jack Faro: Oh. So . . . because, we didn't bury you in that, I just wonder, did you get to pick your own outfit --
'Lucky' Faro: Jack, I'm not here to give you a ****ing seminar on the hereafter.

do u have a link to this, i cant find it?

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like to watch it for free? No
You can buy it on amazon: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Grand-Woody-Harrelson/dp/B0013ERFFU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338875795&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: The Grand: Woody Harrelson, Chris Parnell, Zak Penn: Movies & TV[/ame]
Only $2.89

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to me it seemed like a smooth split the 1st time, the cream was even on each side if you look closely & the 2nd time it seemed more rugged or one sided if you will. thats just wat i got from it and thats wat went through my head when I 1st saw it. Also 1st time he eats it with his right hand & 2nd time he eats it with left, maybe thats wat they were trying to catch when making the movie or perhaps both my viewpoint is correct too idk

Wow, you really over thought this -

Watch again and try this - when Villain is holding a confident hand he holds the Oreo up to his ear and listens to it as he unscrews it before eating it. When he is bluffing he holds the Oreo out in front of his face and watches it as he unscrews it before racking it and folding.

At the end, Teddy goes Hellmuth all over Mike's ass because he folded a great hand to KGB's 24 that made the wheel. Why did Mike fold? Because Teddy listened to the Oreo.

Since it has been years since seeing Rounders I reserve the right to have my details messed up but I would wager I have the gist of it.

D

Dameyon88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, you really over thought this -

Watch again and try this - when Villain is holding a confident hand he holds the Oreo up to his ear and listens to it as he unscrews it before eating it. When he is bluffing he holds the Oreo out in front of his face and watches it as he unscrews it before racking it and folding.

At the end, Teddy goes Hellmuth all over Mike's ass because he folded a great hand to KGB's 24 that made the wheel. Why did Mike fold? Because Teddy listened to the Oreo.

Since it has been years since seeing Rounders I reserve the right to have my details messed up but I would wager I have the gist of it.

Wait.. he had the best hand both times, so he didnt bluff at all, or idk I'm thinking too much, maybe its jst simply when he splits the oreo, it indicates he has a monster

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it was that he ate the oreo when he had the nuts and couldn't lose, when he didn't for sure have the win he didn't eat it. So in the last game he is getting ready to eat it so Mikey D folds.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait.. he had the best hand both times, so he didnt bluff at all, or idk I'm thinking too much, maybe its jst simply when he splits the oreo, it indicates he has a monster

It was a horrible, grossly unrealistic representation of reading "tells", I wouldn't think to hard about it :p

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Otherwise this part

LOL ^^this just made me want to watch it again. It's on Netflix too :D

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's try this one more time -

Watch it and see.

When Malkovich is holding a confident hand he holds the Oreo up to his ear and listens to it as he unscrews it before eating it.
Search YouTube - Rounders - "Best Scene [Teddy KGB vs. Mike]"

When he is bluffing he holds the Oreo out in directly front of his face and watches it as he unscrews it before racking it and folding.
Search YouTube - "Rounders KGB aggressive scene"

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just watched Rounders for the first time last week. Fun. Mikey should have cut his friend off lots earlier. And leaving a law degree behind? Dude had no back up plan? They ought to make a sequel and show him after 20 years of grinding.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watched Rounders for the first time last week. Fun. Mikey should have cut his friend off lots earlier. And leaving a law degree behind? Dude had no back up plan? They ought to make a sequel and show him after 20 years of grinding.

They have talked about it - but I'll tell you how it will probably go down - when Matt Damon is about 60 years old they are going to team him with the latest new hot shit actor (if that were today it would probably be Josh Hutcherson).

Mikey will be a lonely, bitter, broke down poker player who had brushes with greatness. Being bi-polar does not help. But he recognizes himself in the new kid and they begin a love/hate relationship where Damon is able to mentor the kid in poker while learning that he needs other people in his life to reach his potential.

Rumors will abound that Mikey's character is based on Mike Matusow.