Poker mentor.

J

javir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am relatively new to the game... I played poker for the very first time in my life around 1 1/2 years ago and start studying the game about 1 year ago. I have read every poker book I can reach, and most of them recommend a poker mentor... A high level poker pleayer who will help you to take your game to the next level. I live in El Salvador, and poker players are not really high class, the poker level here is very amateur, so i cant say a poker mentor within myboundaries is worth it... trying to follow the books advice I got myself a "mentor" who is a constant winner in the games we have around. I was pretty dissapointed when his mentor advices would go more on the sense of cheating techniques. he was pretty good at it I must say... sad but true. We went together to the last wsop and as i imagined we both came back losers as the cheating he would teach me wont work there ( actually I didnt even acepted to try them). I absolutely broke relationship with him, and I havent seen him since. But I still need a poker mentor. Please I dont want to be misunderstood, I had NEVER cheated on the game, and despite his "advice" I never did it. But I still need a poker mentor... so where can I get one????

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't need one. Why not learn through experience, books, forums, etc?

Z

zahemp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just read a lot. Make written word your mentor... it can't lie and cheat and break your heart.

Y

Yankees5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
read on throughout the site my friend..youll learn all you need and more!