Poker: Luck or Strategy?

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It have to be both, like 80/20 (strategy/luck) it my mind, maybe i am wrong.

R

Roman Ivanov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No strategy does not help with tough olinas with garbage hands, it's just crazy at tournaments.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at long range strategy, for a short more luck.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the cache, only the skills are important, and in tournaments and skills the main thing and good luck is much for victory.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is 80% strategy and 20% luck and my game improved a lot after I started to study ...

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a game based on luck. But sure help is always appreciated. So there is always a little percent of the luck you need in poker :)

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
poker is a little bit of skill and luck in the short term, but over time skill always rises to the top imo.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most important thing is to have a strategy, because if you play for it, you win in the long run. You may have to lose yourself to worse hands, but it is important not to be a coward.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think strategy goes a long way and the luck is good to have. I want to be a winning player. I need to find a way to win and keep winning. I am pretty sure I need to fold more because if you do not have a good starting hand then relying on luck becomes heavier. And the more I rely on luck it doesn't work.

I would say it is 80% skill / 20% luck in poker.

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not lucky lately in gambling = ( especially at rates.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about this thread?
I've read to much about poker strategy, but the luck is not with me lately at the table.

For a successful game you need a sinking of luck, intuition, your good mood for the game, your experience and your skills! You can not win a tournament with only luck, but you can not win only with skills. Everything should harmoniously blend!:party:

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very important to play well and not rest on our laurels, to learn and improve uroven.I luck then you definitely will smile, looking at how much effort you have made.:star:

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck and experience - all together this is success in poker ..)))
Only by playing and learning - you reach the height ...
:thrasher:

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1/3 LUCK 1/3 CARDS 1/3 SKILL

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a strategy in which you should be good at playing to wait for good combinations or be able to bluff, but luck will come to you at any moment or come to another player who is luckier!

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play well and correctly, learn the best strategy games and luck will smile at you.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe, that without a good strategy there will be no prospect of success.
But it is also obvious that success will not be without luck. Therefore, these are mutually exclusive facts.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can be strategic all you want, but when the board shows that youve lost, well then, make a new strategy for getting off the table :)

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both. You can have a strategy to be less unlucky but sometimes you do everything right and just lose.

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of chance and therefore a game of LUCK. Strategize as much as you like , if your opponent has better cards you lose.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The classic question. The luck varies according to the emotional, philosophical, religious or mystical context of who interprets. According to the dictionary, luck is "a force without purpose, unpredictable and uncontrollable, that shapes events in a manner favorable or unfavorable to a particular individual, group or cause."

However, to imagine that there luck is to suppose that there the possibility of changing destiny, according to certain conditions that generate the events (merit for example) since that destiny is the synonym of fatality, programming or imposed by larger forces, affected by our direct or indirect action.