Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How do you balance playing poker and work/life/study?
Great question!

Not one which yours truly is overly-qualified* to answer to be perfectly honest... :LOL:

You should study and analyse at least as much as you play, that much I know. So dividing your available time in half or so is a relatively simple process.

With regards to balancing both of the above with life however, that will be subjective and dependant on the individuals circumstances, responsibilities and so on.

It is definitely something which one needs to be conscious of and pay attention to because living a happy, productive life with healthy relationships and personal meaning is far more important than anything else!

*As of yet- I'm working on it! ;)

Last edited:
M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker on weekends when I have free time. Playing poker is not the main thing in my life.:)

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy, if you play for fun you will always find the way to share your time for poker and real life

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowadays it's very easy to me to balance poker with my job. I chose to not work that much so I could have plenty of free time to do whatever I like. So, if I want to play poker I usually have time available to play. But when I was on college it was almost impossible to play poker, because if you want to play a tournament you will need at least 3-4 hours (a small tournament) and I didn't had that time.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I try to do everything in my life first and then when I have time I can afford to play poker sometimes I don't play poker if I'm tired just try to go to bed and gain strength because health comes first and after playing money and everything else so do everything in life first after if you have time play games

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My work is independent.
When I have work, it's usually morning so I get home around 5 in the afternoon.
Having lunch, I bathe, and then I start playing cash for more or less 4 hours a day.
If in that term there is a not very long tournament that seems important to me, I also play it.
Time 11 or 12 at night I'm going to sleep.
I usually take a break for dinner.
Greetings:):):)

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Firsti play poker happy and then i lose with top hands against lucky player with 16% and then i stop playing and feeling sad in life. Money and tiome are gone and some lucky fish wins.

All day I run into such hands! How am I supposed to win? this game is the last one! Can´t win by skill. It´s just luck. Was earlier on place 7 from 1.500 and get downgraded by such hands to one of the last ones and out of money. Great game. I am running so fast into hands like this, that i can NOT screenshoting them all, while game is going on. True. Dont know witch expert here want to react. Pff

I am losing with set over set since flop...losing with QQ against 29% lucky AQo...losing more than once with full house over full house...losing losing losing in more as 30 spots today where i am clear favorite. What ever you do, you will lose. Save. You have the better hand, you lose. You have the weaker hand, you lose. :D unsatisfactory all the time. money and time wasting, while all guys greedy want the big win, there never come.

With my last 5BB i jam pre flop all-in an get called by A7o and he wins. A7off. Really? For sure i losed this 50% chance too and get busted. very nice. so fun.

There's no way to win!

Fff

Last edited:
F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Very nice skill, of course i´m losing :D .................................................

Nxt sht

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Very nice skill, of course i´m losing :D .................................................

Nnnn

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Rebuy, next hand K10o, i fold after 2x PRE All-ins and had won with sh*t hand of course...................................................

Can´t win this game.

Foldwin

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Very nice skill, of course i´m losing with better hand (he wins with 24% PRE) :D .................................................

Nxt shtttttttt

Last edited:
F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
And i ask to myself, when i will get lucky? :ROFLMAO:

Never before the bankroll broke again...

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
And BUSTED again without any Chance..........................................

Never win

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Only play when I have time, lately not much.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker balance and work/life/study just playing in my spare time when I don't have appointments to keep. I play amateurly and just to amuse my mind.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi:)
I play in my spare time, and sometimes I play while working, but I often lose and this is wrong. The best is that we play in our spare time as we focus and pay attention more in the game
Choosing the time to play is an important thing to achieve good results, especially for playing tournaments

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You need to play poker in a good mood, get enough sleep and so that no one interferes. For many in life, poker is an integral part of life, as a family, they spend a lot of time playing poker.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you balance playing poker and work/life/study?
It is quite difficult to find a balance, but I have been playing poker for almost 6 years now and during this time I have learned to plan my day, week and month well. In order to combine everything well, you need to learn how to do everything well, plan in advance, and then you will be able to do everything you need in time. Planning is the best way to a productive life.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Work in the morning and play poker in the evening.
I try to organize my time.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer to play poker in my spare time.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's easy, I play in the evening after I come home from work, on weekends, I play when time permits...

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Easy I play when I can if I feel sleepy I don't play or quit the game....