Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
An amazing read
for those who follow Poker
Enjoy

I remember the first time I married a hand. It was a cold evening in February. I had just emotionally recovered from yet another Valentine's day alone. Even the flowers I ordered myself never came as the florist ended up cancelling my order.

Anyway, I had been sitting there at the table for a couple hours. The dealer had seemed bored, playing more with the chips in the tray than tracking the action. The ****tail waitress had made her rounds but seemed like avoiding eye contact was part of her job description. I am sure she had a lovely smile, but I never saw it. She walked off with my most recent request as the dealer slipped two more cards under my palm before returning to the wonderment in his chip tray. I peeled the corners of my cards and there they were. A pair of lovely ladies. My heart soared as I tossed a few red chips into the middle of the table. Another player at the table accompanied me and three more cards were dealt. I stayed fixated on the two beauties in front of me and dropped a larger set of chips out as a sign of my affection. The man across the table was intent on intruding on our little affair and matched my love display. Another card was peeled and presented for us, but I did not care. I had what I wanted embraced right there under my hands resting upon the soft cushioned felt on the table. Apparently this disturbed my otherwise under attentive dealer and told me to act. Act I did. I blissfully moved my remaining chips as a declaration of my love. A solid proof that nothing was going to make me part with the soul mates as I shielded them from all others. My stubborn opponent made the call. I proudly displayed my shining beauties and thought of what our love was surely about to reap. Another flip was made and finally our moment together would reach its peak.

"Flush vs Queens, Flush takes the pot"

I was stunned. The dealer shot me a slightly disgusted look and pushed my displays of affection to that uncaring man who insisted on ruining it. Well, those two ladies left me right after that, and the watered down drink the waitress brought me was far from enough to drowned the sorrows of that night.

I have been visited by the ladies many times since, but not again will I allow them to dazzle me with those dark eyes and Mona Lisa smiles. They may be pretty, but I will not again fall victim to overindulging without properly evaluating each and every moment we are together so I know if that hand beneath my own, really is the one.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
LOL, love that "c*ck" tail got blocked...thats funny. Story is hilarious, damn those Queens.
Cheers my Belizean friend.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
nice little story ..... but KK is the hand that gets me .seems to cost me chips however i play it !