acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion."

- Simon Sinek.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you like to play, really dedicate yourself and study, it will not be so difficult, it will be pleasant and rewarding to see the victories you win, but if you try to play by playing, just for money it's a must, then it will be a very hard job. find something you enjoy doing and never need to work in life.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think it would be hard work if it was full time occupation. To play now and then, when you're playing for fun it is completely different. For me, playing for a living would be hard work and a grind. I'll stick to having fun and enjoying the game.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No it is not hard work! If you do not do things that will make you sad and regreat, then you will enjoy the experiences and make evolution. It needs patient!

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will recommend you a book it name : Treat your poker like a business.
I think the difference between poker pro and recreational players is that they don't consider poker like a job but they consider poker like an own business.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is really hard work, you need more mental preparation than any other work :) But ye sure if you can control yourself, understand the game. Than poker can be your main job :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is totally fun for me.I love it! :star:

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is really hard work, you need more mental preparation than any other work :) But ye sure if you can control yourself, understand the game. Than poker can be your main job :)

very well said it but is really difficult to achieve

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is a hard work for those who earn them a living. For me it's not like this because it's a hobby. And in the future we will see.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely poker is hard work,I mean if you really are trying to get good at the ames or even attempting to make a living at it.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think one of the hardest intellectual work, at a high level, few can exercise for a long time. Many good players stopped because of mental pressure.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not a hard job of time and practice and skills

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is hard on the mind

I get up, eat breakfast and play poker. By the time I stop playing poker, I'm usually mentally drained and unsatisfied at my results. Once in awhile I end up ahead but more times than not, I don't.

Last edited:
A

AcidHigh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself find poker is very exciting. Highs and lows. Love those highs when you hit the nuts or sitting with them. Doesn't happen often tho. Or just winning good pot hands I'm like yeahhhh lol...I'm not that good at playing the players but I'm trying to figure it out.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"If you love what you do. You will never work a day in your life."

With that said, Absolutely it's hard! Probably one of the hardest things I've ever been consistently good at in my life. And I'm still not a pro.

The question shouldn't be "Is it hard?" it should be "Is it worth the time, effort, and tediousness it takes to be good?"

A

AcidHigh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"If you love what you do. You will never work a day in your life."

With that said, Absolutely it's hard! Probably one of the hardest things I've ever been consistently good at in my life. And I'm still not a pro.

The question shouldn't be "Is it hard?" it should be "Is it worth the time, effort, and tediousness it takes to be good?"
So true there JB. If you love what you do, you won't have to work a day in your life.
Glad you're good at the game. I'm working on it. Discovering my flaws as I go along. I do a lot of dumb calls when I need to remember there's more hands to come. Patience[emoji6]