Poker Failed to Be Recognized As a Sport

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If so, very sorry. I wish poker was an Olympic sport.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game and not a sport but there are some Olympic and non-Olympic activities recognized as a sport, status they dont deserve

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If so, very sorry. I wish poker was an Olympic sport.

Yeah again - there can be a discussion over whether poker is a sport or not. I think the consensus is that it definitely isn't, but if you want to argue the alternative that's a thing you could do.

But an Olympic sport? That one's open and shut: it's not, and it never will be.

Seriously, Olympic broadcasters aren't even allowed to run ads for gambling during the commercial breaks of the Olympics. They don't allow gambling sponsorships. The Olympics basically doesn't want to be seen within a million light years of anything even remotely connected to gambling.

As long as that's the case, there's absolutely zero chance you'll ever see poker in the Olympics.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as that's the case, there's absolutely zero chance you'll ever see poker in the Olympics.

It is a pity that in Ancient Greece, when the opening of the Olympic Games are not played poker.:D:D:D

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you heard that International Federation Of Poker failed in an attempt to become a member of SportAccord, an organization which is the chief curator of the Olympic and non-Olympic sports.
A chance to give poker the status of a sports game is greatly reduced.
Now what do you say?

200.webp

Yeah I'm not sure who has been campaigning to get poker officially accepted as a sport but they should probably do something else with their time. Poker has made some big progress in the public eye--many people will now tell you that there is a lot of skill involved with playing winning/profitable poker. Before rounders came out this would never happen.

So...I'm not really sad but I am hopeful that online poker will get a better (less juivinille) image in the future.

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker shouldn't be a sport, it is a mind game, after all