GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What kind of sport can poker compare with?

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is a mind sport, it can probably be compared to some other mind sport. I've played many card games, if you compare it to another card game, I believe that poker wins easily, I can't compare it to any other, I'm not a chess player, I don't even know the rules, but I've heard a lot of people saying that resembles.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO poker is a game of chance and cannot compare to any sport. Even chess is a game of skill and no luck involved.

Last edited:
I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you were to compare it to an equivalent physical sport, it would be triathlon:) 🤯

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Definitely Chess! Anyone can learn its rules and regulations to play it normally, but great skill and discipline are required to always be one of the best. In addition, it is full of strategies and plays of a high degree of complexity.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Nothing, because Poker isn't a sport.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What kind of sport can poker compare with?
For me personally, poker is a sport. Poker can probably be compared to chess. But in general, in poker, as in any other sport, the most important things are patience, discipline, persistence, skill of the player and, of course, luck.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't consider poker a sport, I consider it a math class

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO poker is a game of chance and cannot compare to any sport. Even chess is a game of skill and no luck involved.
this … so you have to compare poker with games not sports, you could compare Poker with most card and dice games, like bridge, or monopoly.

( IF you want to compare it with a sport, it could be an outdoor sport where weather is the random element.)

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say that it is a sport that trains your mind, but I say that it should only be played when you are calm and have a lot of patience.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chess, you can set up your opponent and trap him when the set up works!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a mixture of chess and boxing, the player must have math skills and a good reaction. :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If it were a sport, why on earth would it be banned? As for me, poker, chess, bridge, backgammon are intellectual sports without options. There is still no consensus on what chess is - sport, art or science. I think the same will happen with poker.

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is comparable to bridge which is also a game where you have to make decision based on incomplete information.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost all of them. Poker is a mind game that requires plenty of different skills to master. Like any other sport, it requires discipline to learn the strategies and mainly to aply them when necessary, without letting the emotions take the best of you. Well, you can say it doesnt require good team perfomance, as it is mostly solo playing

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Poker Can be compared to backgammon, there is also luck and luck, so I think it's a great comparison, but many people compare it to chess there because skill decides and poker has luck

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
With chess, I think it's a very logical comparison

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's hard for me to answer this question. I think poker is unique.
Some people compare it to chess, but I don't agree with that. In chess, there is no element of luck, there is only the opponent's inattention - but experience compensates for this mistake.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is obvious that if poker can be compared with some kind of sport, then only with an intellectual sport such as chess !!!

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Chess is very diffrent from poker, in chess all informations are in front of you and there is no luck involved in it. However poker is a game where luck is present with a good percentage (30-40%), but it is a skill game. IMO It's a management and strategy game not a sport.

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree, one is a game with complete information and the other with incomplete information.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it difficult to compare poker with any other sport, they are very specific situations that happen during a tournament and there is still the luck factor linked to poker.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker is a sport but a game of chance. so I don't think it can be compared to any sport.