Poker coach

C

cesarrr88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been thinking of getting a poker coach for low to mid stakes MTT's and SNG ?

Anyone have any recommendations on an affordable coach?

I have consistently cashed in the MTT's I just need the extra push to get me to the FT and hopefully the win.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

L

luckforsome

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
..prob not the answer your looking for..but i am not too sure why you would spend money on a coach...there are dozens of books, hundreds of videos, thousands of forums with tips, and milions of nobody like me who talk about hands and give advice and take advice...id consider reading every possile article, and just launching into hours and hours of meaningless freerolls..i found its the best way to imrpove my game..i know several people who had coaches, and whilst it helped ot an extent, they all admitted that 50 hours of reading would have thoguht them the same..you might think 50 hours is too much reading poker, but if u do, then get a coach isnt gonna help cause its just a dream...thats just my opinion though :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to disagree. I am using a coach for sng's and he is worth every penny he costs. There is no way that I personally could get from a book what I get from him.

Baby Jesus

Baby Jesus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think getting a coach is a great ideal.Yes you can get alot of help from books but most of them won't touch on 4 barrel buffs or what a good vip is so I would go for it if you have the Money for it.I'm sure It will pay for itself.Another way that's good but isn't as hands on is a video training site.The videos on most of them are great for learning and they have forums for followup questions with the coach.Good luck

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to disagree. I am using a coach for sng's and he is worth every penny he costs. There is no way that I personally could get from a book what I get from him.

+1

Go with Dakota on this! Having a coach in poker is like any other sports... Take basketball for example.... you can read all day long about how you should shoot the ball and dribble, but until you have a coach that shows you what your doing wrong, it's pointless to even play because your not getting any better!

Same goes for Tutors, which are coaches... Say you suck at math, and you cannot figure out how to do Statistical Distributions. Everyday you read about how to do the problems, yet you still can figure it out. So you get a tutor to show you how to do the work, and within a few days your good at the math!

Coaches work!

ericgarner118

ericgarner118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't speak from experience, as I haven't ever had a poker coach yet, but I'm sure it is the quickest/best way to learn. You could get very far without one, but if you have the money to spend I'm sure it will get you to where you want to be better. Once I get to a level where it takes a good bit of skill to consistantly win, I WILL be getting me one (one sooner if I fall into it).

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been thinking of getting a poker coach for low to mid stakes MTT's and SNG ?

Anyone have any recommendations on an affordable coach?

I have consistently cashed in the MTT's I just need the extra push to get me to the FT and hopefully the win.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

I agree with Dakota and others that a coach is a good idea, but what's more important is a matter of when you get one.

Good coaches are expensive, as everyone will tell you. If you are only playing low stakes atm, affording a coach may be out of your price range.

I play 25nl and plan on getting a coach at some point in my life, but probably not till I reach a limit where paying x amount of dollars for a coach will result in that same amount of return.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everybody is different and what works for one person might not work for another. If you think a coach would help you give it a go and see how you get on. If he wins you some games great and if not then you will know. Good luck.