Poker Central "Pokerography" Videos - Really Good!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of the newer members post questions about making a career out of poker. While that's not one of my goals, I do think it's a kind of an exciting idea. Today as I was browsing the Cardschat News FP page, I came across a posting about free poker Central videos. They have a series called Pokerography where they chronicle the lives of some of the big stars in the game.

I watched the Chris Moneymaker and Phil Helmuth episodes and found them so inspirational that I thought I'd post the links here for others who may be interested.

Last edited:
R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't forget for every "winner" there are so mutch more "losers"; for every person that have made a career out of poker there are others that think they are in a career, but are losing a lot of money.

First rule of becoming a poker pro is DONT QUIT YOURE JOB before youre abel to live from youre bankroll for at least a year!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't forget for every "winner" there are so mutch more "losers"; for every person that have made a career out of poker there are others that think they are in a career, but are losing a lot of money.

First rule of becoming a poker pro is DONT QUIT YOURE JOB before youre abel to live from youre bankroll for at least a year!
Good point! It's a very small and exclusive club for sure.

These videos are about ordinary people who realized their dream by putting their ALL into the pursuit of that goal. They could be about sports stars, business leaders, Hollywood actors, world renowned surgeons, race car drivers, or you name it . To me it's more about what it takes to achieve tier one excellence, than it is about becoming a "poker" legend.

Check out the Johnny Chan episode too. Really good!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just watched the Chris Moneymaker Story - fiction couldn't have written a better story! Fantastic!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Finished watching the Phil Hellmuth Jr. story - this helps to understand him a bit better and know he really is a good generous person(other than the Poker Brat persona, which I totally understand why he behaves the way he does - bottom line, says what he is thinking with no filter) with a tremendous talent.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Another great story featuring Johnny Chan! Really like this guy - so personable and SMART!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another great story featuring Johnny Chan! Really like this guy - so personable and SMART!
I agree. These videos have shown me a different side to all three of these players. They are real people with real issues who have overcome adversity to get where they are.

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mattt, I watched the Chris Moneymaker video and it was really good I was wondering why is the Phil Hellmuth videos say unavailable? The link that you have posted does it work for the Phil Hellmuth one but I was just wondering I guess I could just go on internet and look that up I would like to watch it also =MattRyder;4344027]A lot of the newer members post questions about making a career out of poker. While that's not one of my goals, I do think it's a kind of an exciting idea. Today as I was browsing the Cardschat News FP page, I came across a posting about free poker Central videos. They have a series called Pokerography where they chronicle the lives of some of the big stars in the game.

I watched the Chris Moneymaker and Phil Helmuth episodes and found them so inspirational that I thought I'd post the links here for others who may be interested.

[/QUOTE]