Poker and Cannabis, good allies?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never played stoned but i can not imagine that it will help . quite the contrary

by the way i dont recommend cannabis . it can cause psychosis

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is individual for everyone, I personally don't like it. A cup of coffee or tasty cup of green tea are best for my play.

Minxthecat

Minxthecat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I firmly believe that cannabis improves everything. Tell me what you think about this combination. Does it favor or harm you when you play? Good smoke community!
Definitely favour..takes longer tho lol

If you play recreationally it can be. if you're a pro playing 12 tables for $ 10k constantly, weed doesn't seem like a good idea
Def not lol

I don't know about anyone else, but for me cannabis tends to increase my focus. At the same time, it does decrease my ability to multi task. It also mellows me out, which increases my ability to tolerate players stalling on the bubble or just playing slow in general.

It was the same thing when I played pool. A lot of the guys at the pool hall wouldn't play with me when I was high. They new that once I "got my eyes right" as they used to call it, they new I was going to be in the zone. They knew they were really no match for me, but they could win a game here or there. But when I "had my eyes right" and really found my focus, it could be demoralizing.
Omg..totally agree on the pool front..im either super hot on the baize or cant see a thing lol

It probably varies on a person by person basis. I'm sure it gets some people into the right mindset and does the opposite for others.

A bit if topic but here are the effects I've found for more common substances:

Any amount of alcohol causes me to deteriorate to a breakeven or losing winrate lol.

Caffeine helps me focus and stay disciplined up until it wears off at which point I feel mentally fatigued and I start hitting call too much. Likewise too much caffeine increases my likelyhood to tilt.

Green tea has usually been great for maintaining calm focus for me.
Love coffe cannabis no alcohol..but not altogether lol

Yeah cuz everyone knows weed makes you smarter even the nootropics guys. :rolleyes:
Lol

I do not advise anyone to smoke cannabis because after a while. it will be difficult for you to do without it. when it does. your personality will change and you will tend to get angry more easily and find it difficult to stay active. but to answer your question. it is true that we have better results in poker after smoking cannabis. we are more relaxed and it is easier to stay patient and wait for the right hands to play. when you decide to play tight. after smoking, it is much easier for me to stay focused on the game of my opponents and improve my reading of the game especially after several hours of play. which facilitates my decision-making.
Nice answer..very helpful

Lovestary

Lovestary

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IN
Chips
It's a mixed bag. Sometimes, it helps me relax and focus, but other times, it can be a distraction.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
nope nope danger danger alert

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I firmly believe that cannabis improves everything. Tell me what you think about this combination. Does it favor or harm you when you play? Good smoke community!
Depends entirely on the individual and strain.
Some strains can help with anxious feelings in a big game some others just knocks you out.
Varies of course depending on the person.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker and Cannabis, good allies?"

For sure...

... When it's the other guy(s) smoking it.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont think is a good idea.
Maybe it's okay if you are playing some tournaments chilling but i wont recommend it.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not smoke. That is, I smoke cigarettes, unfortunately, but I do not smoke marijuana. Sometimes I drink alcohol, but if I do, I definitely don't play poker. I know quite a few people who smoke weed, and I wouldn't say that it makes them significantly better or worse. But everyone has their own tastes and preferences, and in general I have nothing against people who smoke.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think this is the best combination.😃😃

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I saw what cannabis did to my classmates over 3 years - they passed their final exams with a minimum score in 2-4 attempts. I don’t think that cannabis brings any benefit in this world except for the people who sell it.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Help those who are mad to be even more mad, don't use drugs!

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Weed helps because it makes you feel more comfortable playing, and sometimes poker is a patience game.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it helps, it gives me more patience when I don't have it.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Even though it is totally legal in my country, I do not care for weed in any circumstance. It makes me paranoid. But hey if it works for you. go for it. I prefer Pino Noir (California) or a good scotch (single malt).

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I had some of great wins while drunk, you think and worry less, so it might be a good combination

anasslaaleg

anasslaaleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i am from morocco so i have a abelity to smoke a good quality of weed but
I don't advise you to consume a lot on it's really nice to smoke a quality joint after playing several poker sessions and in tilt periods, but it impacts your mood when you're missing.
therefore, consume in moderation.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is ridiculous!) Although I also have experience playing marijuana, what can I say? This is a very bad experience and in my case it's a 99 percent chance that I'll lose. It's just that when I'm high playing I don't remember what happened 10 seconds ago. Thoughts get confused. Concentrated play is out of the question. So this is definitely not suitable for me.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Yes. It seems to me like one of my natural reactions to Cannabis is to be slightly paranoid. When I'm playing high it always generally makes me play a little more tight/careful and to double think what to do in hard situation

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had some of great wins while drunk, you think and worry less, so it might be a good combination

I found this pretty funny. So you believe that thinking 'less' is helpful for playing poker?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Smoking weed while playing poker can give you some dramatic results. I highly recommend that you do it.
Btw, when will you be playing next? (& where?)

MARIANARDES2022

MARIANARDES2022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think a beer with poker is good for you...