P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

just wondering if anyone out there, would be interested in becoming a poker buddy,

I have plenty of time on my hands as I am now semi retired, and would love to get into reviewing hands with other's, and maybe learning a bit of range/hand reading and generally just trying to improve our games, just lately I have started to try to do this myself during the afternoons UK time, as I enjoy playing most nights but there comes a point when I think it must be better with like minded others involved to bounce views and ideas off each other.

Reviewing hands and so on would be totally new to me with someone else, I have plenty of experience playing poker as a more or less break even player, but very little experience of trying to dig deep into the game and learn it properly, I dont really know where to start with a Poker Buddy setup, but I would guess with some kind of 2 way screen capture program with sound, as in a pair of headphones and a mike, HM2 which I have, or similar programs like Poker Tracker and so on.

I would choose a screen capture program over the likes of Team Viewer so it could be kept trust worthy (no remote access)

anyone with knowledge on how to go about this set up it, would be a massive help, and anyone interested in becoming a poker buddy, just post below or PM me

cheers

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well sounds from here your very serious about poker and willing to put
effort and time into poker which is a great thing if you wanna get the most out of your game .
I am quite sure you'll achieve great things if you keep this mentality and
the hard work so all the best to you but I am to lazy to review my on hands , to study and to get that deep into it ( super micro stakes ...not needed ) , 10 years ago I would'v loved to have a poker buddy as you looking for, had the patience to review hands ,study and all this but I didn't keep it up for various reasons.
So once again all the best to you and keep up the good work !

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
There was another member looking for one a few days ago. He/she started a similar thread.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

just wondering if anyone out there, would be interested in becoming a poker buddy,

I have plenty of time on my hands as I am now semi retired, and would love to get into reviewing hands with other's, and maybe learning a bit of range/hand reading and generally just trying to improve our games, just lately I have started to try to do this myself during the afternoons UK time, as I enjoy playing most nights but there comes a point when I think it must be better with like minded others involved to bounce views and ideas off each other.

Reviewing hands and so on would be totally new to me with someone else, I have plenty of experience playing poker as a more or less break even player, but very little experience of trying to dig deep into the game and learn it properly, I dont really know where to start with a Poker Buddy setup, but I would guess with some kind of 2 way screen capture program with sound, as in a pair of headphones and a mike, HM2 which I have, or similar programs like Poker Tracker and so on.

I would choose a screen capture program over the likes of Team Viewer so it could be kept trust worthy (no remote access)

anyone with knowledge on how to go about this set up it, would be a massive help, and anyone interested in becoming a poker buddy, just post below or PM me

cheers
Hi buddy welcome to cardschat lot people buddies here put your hands in hands analysis section and you will get many points of view look forward to seeing you around all the different threads and felt:)

Picatrix

Picatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,

cheers

I'm interested! I just recently made a very similar post. I was looking to engage with someone over an App called Discord. Do you wanna keep talking through PM, or do you wanna download that and chat there? If you choose the latter, my ID to add me is #7697

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Like Hugh said, CardsChat is your poker buddy, teaming up with just one person will only teach you that persons mistakes, and vica-versa, posting in the hand analysis forum will give you many people to interact with and people in there will give advice as well as point out the bad advice given also.

Good luck.

:top:

I'm interested! I just recently made a very similar post. I was looking to engage with someone over an app called Discord. Do you wanna keep talking through PM, or do you wanna download that and chat there? If you choose the latter, my ID to add me is #7697
I don't know how active these guys are, you can contact them about it.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tou...low-mtt-study-group-342693/?highlight=discord

:top:

Last edited:
P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm interested! I just recently made a very similar post. I was looking to engage with someone over an app called Discord. Do you wanna keep talking through PM, or do you wanna download that and chat there? If you choose the latter, my ID to add me is #7697

Hi there, I just typed a long PM to you but could not deliver due to not enough posts, really interested in teaming up, have just joined Discord, will make another post after this then hopefully I will be able to PM you.