Has poker brought you monetary losses, or economic benefits ???

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have long time to play on tournaments which were quite profitable for me back then .

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In my particular case I have had more benefits than losses.
at the beginning of the game of poker I think I lost a lot when I didn’t know anything about poker I just played right now I understand it and returned all the money that I invested before and I also get profit from poker so at the moment I am in the black:D

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A player is less prone to tilt and bad mood if he understands the essence of poker and its real mathematical expectations. If a player is used to playing tournaments for $55 and even $109, seeing big prizes, fighting for them, and after some time is forced to drop to lower limits , he may experience a decline in motivation and a drop in the quality of the game. This psychological problem is not easy to solve, but it must be solved. And so the ups and downs occur for each player.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you want to say with this sentence? The title of the topic is about monetary gains or losses. The benefits could be also measured in quality times spent doing something that you like. So which kind benefits you had?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Both obviously.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I was losing my money, but when I learned to play well, I started to win money. The important thing is that I no longer lose.

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had more economic benefits from poker, but definitely more monetary losses from sports bets :(

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aye, i managed to get some nice luxuries from some of my winnings. Any nice wins always get withdrawn, it never really gets reinvested into poker.

C

CezarsGhost

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
made apretty good profit over 1st 10/12yrs but it has gradually slowed down the last 5. A few studies have shown 12%/14% of players are overall winners . 72yrs old - ive slowed down a little

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker didn't just bring me monetary profits, it's for life.🙏☝️

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I played for many years, most of it caused me losses, at one point I learned a little more and made some profits but again I had to give up due to lack of time, I'll see what level I'm at soon

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.As I play mostly freerolls I could say more benefits.with some withdrawals every now and then.It hasn´t been a large amount of money but extra money is always welcome and it is nice to have the satisfaction to pay some bills or invite pizza or cantonese food to my family with my poker earnings

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only freerolls, so it's only a plus, though not big)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker only brought me a profit in the form of small pocket money. If poker was losing me, I wouldn't be playing.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I no longer use my own money for poker, only money that I win from freerolls, so now losses

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends how you define loss. If my purpose isn't to make money out of poker, but play it out of passion / hobby.. even if I lose money.. I can't count it as a loss. If you're going to a Metallica gig and you pay $200 for a ticket.. you can't say you lost 200 bucks.. you just paid that for something you like.