Poker Brat strategy

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do realise that after three rambling and incoherent posts you still haven't pointed out a single thing Phil Hellmuth has done for the poker world, right?

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do realise that after three rambling and incoherent posts you still haven't pointed out a single thing Phil Hellmuth has done for the poker world, right?

Ramblings and incoherent posts? My latest addition was an attempt at responding to your previous post to highlight how ridiculous your comments were, and it obviously worked.

While I am not in the habit of trying to make people look bad, I will respond to posts that are largely inaccurate and void of any substantial facts and proof, sometimes it's just unavoidable.

You quoted the words "fact" and "proof" while not providing any facts or proof. On the other hand, I quoted you accurate factual figures in answer to some of your claims.

If by doing so means I am rambling and incoherent, then I can only conclude that you simply choose to ignore facts when they are presented to you. This is something that I can't help you with, you yourself will have to try and deal with that.

EDIT: .............. I am on my daily post quota as of now but I will certainly post in 24 hours time and let you know what Hellmuth has done for poker.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EDIT: .............. I am on my daily post quota as of now but I will certainly post in 24 hours time and let you know what Hellmuth has done for poker.

Icing on the cake, IMO :D

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is good! And I didn't even have to buy tickets!

Personally, I think Hellmuth is a crybaby moron who just happens to be really, really good at poker. And I feel sorry for his wife who has to hear his whining for God knows how long after he gets his ass kicked.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was going to reply to this thread but then i scrolled down...

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Search his name, every reputable site out there will more often than not kick start their take on him with the word "legendary", that's a fact.
He has legendary status in the poker world and everybody knows who he is. He most likely has the highest or one of the highest profiles in the game, that's a fact.

The media fall over themselves to get a piece of him and have done for years, and he didn't have to have his name rubber stamped on some poker committee to achieve such a huge status, that's a fact.

Pokerpages quote the poker HOF as a place for "Influential" poker players, and Poker Listings quote him as being the "Pioneer" for a certain strategy method, I will take their view over yours any day of the week, that's a fact.

He just recently championed the TASER Foundation, using POKER as a vehicle to raise huge amounts of money.
If you don't know what it's all about I will tell you. It raises money to help the families of fallen law enforcement officers.
The families of people that put their lives on the line to protect people and die in the course of their duties.

By using poker to raise these huge amounts of monies for such a worthy cause he is sending out the message that poker, and poker players have heart and cares, that sir, is a fact.
It flies in the face of the likes of the UIEGA and does good things for poker.

You don't have to have invented some poker related gadget or helped to sort out major tournament rules to have done good things for poker.
You don't have to sit on a committee or council either.
There are many different things you can do help it along for it's greater good.

Maybe these types of things don't count in your world, but the smart money will always recognize such things and give credit where it's due, that's a fact.

It was fun engaging with you on this subject and I look forward to hooking up with you on other threads in the near future.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's true somewhat I think. You would think in the biggest event in the world, there wouldn't be donkeys that overbet the pot and shove in all there chips with AK on the first hand,

The donkey's get found out and picked off well before this point.

Don't be sorry. I've got three words for you: "Raise one million".

Jerry Yang was, and still is, a luckbox donkey.

Damn.... Beat me to it Oz. ;)

---:icon_sant

colquhounx

colquhounx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm,sure,jerry,yang,doesnt,mind,being,called,a,donkey,with,his,millions.
I,thought,watching,the,live,upates,of,the,final,table,that,he,was
trying,to,run,it,over,but,after,watching,on,tv,he,just,had,a,run,of
good,cards

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good,cards

Please stop witht the ,! reading that is like geting a partial seizure.

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I am really glad that I started this thread:D:D...next time I will just leave the post blank, and feel free to argue about whatever is on your mind. :p;):D

I love a good "discussion" :)

EDIT: I was being completely serious, I could see how that would sound sarcastic. I really like this forum!

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good,cards

omfg learn to internet.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, it is 1. Because he is a tight player so losing a few blinds isn't going to dramatically affect his game 2. He believes the extra time away from the table help him play better.

T

TrapStar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He doesn't play in the big game at the Bellagio - one assumes because even he knows he blows at everything other than hold 'em.

Nor does he play PLO against the new-rich Russian oil barons. Or if he does, he's never crowed about it.

And he only played the $100K buy-in shows on HSP, not the $500K.

Therefore, Phil Hellmuth does not play in the biggest cash games in the world. It's established that he does play fairly high-stakes cash games from time to time. Definitely not the biggest and highest ones though.

He says he plays the cash games and wins consistantly on all levels. Either way, you're right that he is not very good at the other games. When you think "Phil Helmuth," you think "holdem king," not "poker king."

evilbughead

evilbughead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess if he is just trying to just make an entrance then fine...but if he is "so good" why wouldn't he want to play with the suckers who go out in the first hour? I guess if it is for the endorsement money, I would refuse to show up if that is what they wanted...:eek:

Playing with the "donks" in that first hour leads to some bad a$$ suck outs and we all know how Phil deals with those lol

S

sd great 1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we all would like to say we've won 11 bracelets and could show up late for the tourney but we haven't , so we bash those that have accompished a feat that most of us dream about.