which poker books to start with?

H

hacklimit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are an online player, the best poker book I can suggest is no book at all. The best tutor is the game itself. Watch how people play their hands. Some do it well, while most do it very badly. I suggest watching tournaments when they get down to the last 50 or so. There you will find the best players, and often, the same players. Watching them has taught me more than any book ever has.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are an online player, the best poker book I can suggest is no book at all. The best tutor is the game itself. Watch how people play their hands. Some do it well, while most do it very badly. I suggest watching tournaments when they get down to the last 50 or so. There you will find the best players, and often, the same players. Watching them has taught me more than any book ever has.
If you've taken your own advice and not read any book, then the last sentence is obviously true. And what lessons exactly do you get from watching shortstacked late tournament play without access to the hole cards?

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington on holdem,super system,ace on the river.
them are my favorites.

A

ArminDeluxe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at google books there are some books u can read without paying something
it helped me a little bit