Poker books

B

buddyanton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Started my poker biblio and starting out with NL Holdem theory and prac (D.Sklansky), Super System as well as Super System. what other books would you recommend for a newbee

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three and a half words: Harrington On Hold 'em

Aliengenius will no doubt be along shortly with his much better researched and considered opinions, which you'd do well to listen to. But you can't go wrong with Harrington if you're a tournament player

THe Slob

THe Slob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get all the volumes of Harrington On Hold"em.
Others I would suggest since you alread have both Super Systems are Small Stakes Hold"em (Sklansky and Miller); Theory of Poker (Sklansky); Sit n' Go Strategy (Collin Moshman): and just a good read not related to strategy is Positively Fifth Street (Jim McManus)

Also get a subscription to Card Player, it comes out every two weeks and there are some great articles in it, much more in depth than either bluff or All In.

There's also lots of really good books for Stud and Omaha, although not nearly as many as there are for NLH. There's also a lot of just plain crap out there, stuff that was published just to capitalize on the popularity of Hold'em.

Last edited:
reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Gordon's 2- Little Green and Little Blue books,plus the Harrington's, and Theory of Poker.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three and a half words: Harrington On Hold 'em

Aliengenius will no doubt be along shortly with his much better researched and considered opinions, which you'd do well to listen to. But you can't go wrong with Harrington if you're a tournament player

lol. Here are my recommendations for starting out.